ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(M) Accomodation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AnxiousShehz
Newly Registered
Mauritius

SET(M) Accomodation

Post by AnxiousShehz » Sat May 28, 2022 8:19 pm

Hi everyone. I really need some help please.

I am currently completing my application for ILR and when it comes to the question of whether I own, rent or neither own nor rent. What should I put if I lived with my mother-in-law who rents the property?
If I choose the neither own nor rent, it asks me for proof of property ownership such as a mortgage statement which my landlord won't provide. She is happy to provide a copy of her passport and a letter signed which gives permission to live at her property though. I have to tick all 3 boxes but would just 2 of the 3 things I mentioned above be okay?

Please help.
Thank you!

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: SET(M) Accomodation

Post by Ticktack » Mon May 30, 2022 10:30 am

AnxiousShehz wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 8:19 pm
Hi everyone. I really need some help please.

I am currently completing my application for ILR and when it comes to the question of whether I own, rent or neither own nor rent. What should I put if I lived with my mother-in-law who rents the property?
If I choose the neither own nor rent, it asks me for proof of property ownership such as a mortgage statement which my landlord won't provide. She is happy to provide a copy of her passport and a letter signed which gives permission to live at her property though. I have to tick all 3 boxes but would just 2 of the 3 things I mentioned above be okay?

Please help.
Thank you!
Your mother-in-law is the tenant, hence she would have some sort of tenancy agreement. You can use that. The landlord has no business with you, even if he/she did, I wouldn't expect them to give you their mortgage statements.
Your MIL can back you up with a letter stating you live with her and her photo ID like you pointed out.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!