ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling to Afghanistan

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

londoner1200
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Travelling to Afghanistan

Post by londoner1200 » Sat May 28, 2022 8:51 pm

Hope everyone is well,

Now that the Taliban are in power, will the UK immigration interrogate me or cause me any problems if I visit Afghanistan? I need to travel to Afghanistan to see my elderly mother.

I came to UK about 20 years ago from Afghanistan. I claimed asylum because of fear of persecution by Taliban.

I am worried they may ask me that I ran from the Taliban and now I am freely visiting Afghanistan which is under their control.

I am British citizen

Hope it makes sense.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Travelling to Afghanistan

Post by alterhase58 » Sat May 28, 2022 11:39 pm

I'd be more worried about being safe in Afghanistan .... note there would be no British consular support if you face issues from the government there, as you count as an Afghan citizen when in your country of origin. A British passport in itself is no protection.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

London22
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Travelling to Afghanistan

Post by London22 » Tue May 31, 2022 8:41 pm

londoner1200 wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 8:51 pm
Hope everyone is well,

Now that the Taliban are in power, will the UK immigration interrogate me or cause me any problems if I visit Afghanistan? I need to travel to Afghanistan to see my elderly mother.

I came to UK about 20 years ago from Afghanistan. I claimed asylum because of fear of persecution by Taliban.

I am worried they may ask me that I ran from the Taliban and now I am freely visiting Afghanistan which is under their control.

I am British citizen

Hope it makes sense.
Majority of Afghan asylum seekers have been travelling to Afghanistan recently & still do now after getting British nationality.There is no actual war going on in Afghanistan like when America invaded & caused chaos & forced afghans to flee to seek asylum.Time has changed now.Taliban have their own way of governing but there is a peace & hence many countries don't grant asylum to afghans by saying there is no war any more & people can go back & live a normal life .
After getting nationality you are no more a refugee & circumstances 20 years ago were totally different than now .There shouldn't be any issue to you on returning to Afghanistan .Most afghans go & visit.