ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa delay affecting house remortgage

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sandeep5031
India

Dependent visa delay affecting house remortgage

Post by Sandeep5031 » Sun May 29, 2022 9:38 am

Hi all,

I have applied for my partner dependent extension 9 weeks ago.
I haven't heard anything from ukvisa for update, I'm in process of moving home and couldn't remortgage house as the bank is asking for my wife for new visa renewal date as current going to expire in one week time.
In addition her employer has asked for renewed visa otherwise her employment is in risk too.
I have contacted MP but he mentioned that UKVISA couldn't provide the reason for delay and her visa rights will remain same until the visa decision is made.
I tried to call to escalate to UKVisa by call but automatic call say that escalation process is stopped and can't make any escalation.

Is there any other option i can explore, it is definitely causing lot of distress in family.

Any help is much appreciated.
Regards
S

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: Dependent visa delay affecting house remortgage

Post by ywlgy » Sun May 29, 2022 3:46 pm

The employer can use https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status to confirm her status.

You will have to postpone the remortgage, cos there isn't really anything you can do to speed up the process.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.