ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First adult passport: awaiting documents confirmation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rk39080
Newly Registered
India

First adult passport: awaiting documents confirmation

Post by rk39080 » Mon May 30, 2022 3:59 pm

This is regarding my new British passport application. I haven't got a notification from HMPO that they've received my documents--it's been several weeks already. The online tracking log is stuck at "Application received." But when I call the helpline, the status message says they've "received my documents and will be in touch if they need anything." Is the helpline status more accurate than the online tracking? Or is it a generic message?

Thanks!

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: First adult passport: awaiting documents confirmation

Post by Ticktack » Mon May 30, 2022 4:04 pm

rk39080 wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 3:59 pm
This is regarding my new British passport application. I haven't got a notification from HMPO that they've received my documents--it's been several weeks already. The online tracking log is stuck at "Application received." But when I call the helpline, the status message says they've "received my documents and will be in touch if they need anything." Is the helpline status more accurate than the online tracking? Or is it a generic message?

Thanks!
Your document is probably there already. HMPO are currently witnessing unprecedented delays. Just relax, in due course you would get you shiny new British passport. Then the wait for your original documents to be returned starts again. :D
Patience is a virtue.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

syilmazer
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Post by syilmazer » Tue May 31, 2022 1:37 pm

Ok I am sorry but I cannot relax and I would not recommend you "rk39080" to relax as well. I have been checking the passport timelines on another post. There are SO MANY people who received their passport way before me even though I applied earlier than them. I think it's extremely worrying and unfair and I have no idea how they processing applications. Here is my timeline. People who applied mid/late April have received their passports from the same office but my one is still looking like "Application is being processed". You can check other people's timelines here --- british-citizenship/british-passport-ap ... -8725.html

Type: First Adult passport after Naturalisation
Method: Online
Passport Office: HMPO Liverpool Bootle
Online application submitted: 6 April 2022
Documents sent: 6 April 2022
Documents delivered by Royal Mail: 8 April 2022
Documents confirmed received by HMPO: 21 April 2022
Application approved: AWAITING
Passport printed: AWAITING
Passport sent: AWAITING
Passport received: AWAITING
Documents received: AWAITING

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Tue May 31, 2022 2:17 pm

syilmazer wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 1:37 pm
Ok I am sorry but I cannot relax and I would not recommend you "rk39080" to relax as well. I have been checking the passport timelines on another post. There are SO MANY people who received their passport way before me even though I applied earlier than them. I think it's extremely worrying and unfair and I have no idea how they processing applications. Here is my timeline. People who applied mid/late April have received their passports from the same office but my one is still looking like "Application is being processed". You can check other people's timelines here --- british-citizenship/british-passport-ap ... -8725.html

Type: First Adult passport after Naturalisation
Method: Online
Passport Office: HMPO Liverpool Bootle
Online application submitted: 6 April 2022
Documents sent: 6 April 2022
Documents delivered by Royal Mail: 8 April 2022
Documents confirmed received by HMPO: 21 April 2022
Application approved: AWAITING
Passport printed: AWAITING
Passport sent: AWAITING
Passport received: AWAITING
Documents received: AWAITING
Sorry no one here can do much about your state of mind. Feel free to chase HMPO in whatever way you know how to.

syilmazer
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Post by syilmazer » Tue May 31, 2022 2:48 pm

Thank you :) it's nearly impossible to reach out to HMPO other than potentially showing up at their offices. I just wanted to highlight a completely different scenario which does not make sense at all. Anyway, I wish the best for everyone and patience.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Tue May 31, 2022 3:13 pm

syilmazer wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 2:48 pm
Thank you :) it's nearly impossible to reach out to HMPO other than potentially showing up at their offices. I just wanted to highlight a completely different scenario which does not make sense at all. Anyway, I wish the best for everyone and patience.
If it helps, renewing my kids passport took 3. 5 weeks for one and 4.5 weeks for the other. Both were submitted on the same day. If renewal could take that long in February, and I didn't get it till March, 2022. 1st time passport are on a different level. Like you rightly pointed out, nothing can be done!

syilmazer
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Post by syilmazer » Tue May 31, 2022 3:51 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 3:13 pm
syilmazer wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 2:48 pm
If it helps, renewing my kids passport took 3. 5 weeks for one and 4.5 weeks for the other. Both were submitted on the same day. If renewal could take that long in February, and I didn't get it till March, 2022. 1st time passport are on a different level. Like you rightly pointed out, nothing can be done!
Thanks for sharing the details on your case, it would definitely help :| if I did not see all the other applicants with exactly the same circumstances with me but them applying at least 1-2 weeks later than me and receiving approvals 'already'. I just cannot get this and question in my mind how difficult it would be to put these applications on a "First Come First Served Queue". It's utter non-sense that you had to wait for another week for your other kid, it just does not make sense. I can understand the queue and backlog but they just need to better communicate and handle this with the customers. I paid loads of money over my 8 years of service to country and for this another £90 and the service we get is ridiculous.

Anyway I am moaning here sorry hope you don't mind :) if my application goes beyond 10 weeks period, I am definitely going to write to my MP.

bex654
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bex654 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:16 pm

Hey Sylmazer,

I am in the same boat. I applied just one week after you and still waiting for approval. People who applied in early May started getting approvals already. I read somewhere that some people visited the passport office and they issued their passports within hours. So I think it is a matter of hours, not days or weeks. I don't get why for some people it takes ages. Maybe our applications have landed on someones tray who is not experienced or just lazy or on holiday? lol