ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for naturalisation (family on family visa)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kanny1980
Newly Registered
India

Apply for naturalisation (family on family visa)

Post by Kanny1980 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:53 am

Kid2 born in the UK (2018) and is on dependent leave to remain. I have an ILR for last 12 months eligible to apply for Naturalisation now.

Kid1 is on dependent leave to remain visa and wife is on spouse/partner leave to remain visa. They both have also applied for ILR under LR route and are awaiting for decision for past few months.

Qn - Can i apply for ILR now without effecting/impacting my wife's and Kid 2's current leave to remain in any way? My long term plan is to apply for Kid2 and my wife's naturalisation when/if they get ILR.

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Re: Apply for naturalisation (family on family visa)

Post by mesn » Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:48 pm

Kanny1980 wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:53 am
Kid2 born in the UK (2018) and is on dependent leave to remain. I have an ILR for last 12 months eligible to apply for Naturalisation now.

Kid1 is on dependent leave to remain visa and wife is on spouse/partner leave to remain visa. They both have also applied for ILR under LR route and are awaiting for decision for past few months.

Qn - Can i apply for ILR now without effecting/impacting my wife's and Kid 2's current leave to remain in any way? My long term plan is to apply for Kid2 and my wife's naturalisation when/if they get ILR.
Sorry, you mentioned you already have an ILR. Did you mean to ask if you are able to apply for Naturalization? Then Yes, you can if you satisfy the prerequisites.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022