ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need to send my new passport or certified copy of passport to department of justice?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alan1973
Ireland

Do I need to send my new passport or certified copy of passport to department of justice?

Post by alan1973 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:08 am

Hi
I sent my citizenship application to department of justice on 01/11/2021, has not received any reference number yet.
During mean time, I replaced my passport due to being expired. I am wondering if I need to send my new passport or cetified copy of it to them?
Thanks

cleire8
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Do I need to send my new passport or certified copy of passport to department of justice?

Post by cleire8 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:57 am

It probably wouldn't hurt doing so. You sent the most valid on at the time off application, but giving them the most up to date information is never going to be a bad thing. I notified them when I changed jobs to make sure nothing fell back on me. Could save you some unexpected time in a years time when they are doing more checks on your application.