ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Upload - Settled Status Proof?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tiknird1
European Union

CSI Requirement - EU Citizen w/ Settled Status

Post by tiknird1 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:59 pm

I am an EU citizen with settled status. My 5-year qualifying period will be 2017 - 2022. I was a student between 2014 - 2018, and have been working full-time since 2018, so technically I needed CSI between 2014 - 2018.

When I submit my documents on the UKVCAS platform, should I provide proof of CSI 5 years prior to receiving my settled status, i.e. from 2014 - 2018? I received my settled status in 2019, but have been in full-time employment since 2018.

Or will it be sufficient if I only provide proof of CSI between 2017 - 2018 as the years prior to 2017 fall outside my 5-year qualifying period?

Thank you!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: CSI Requirement - EU Citizen w/ Settled Status

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:03 pm

The CSI requirement is not based on the residency period for naturalisation - goes back 10 years as part of the "good character" requirement.
What CSI did you have?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

tiknird1
European Union

Post by tiknird1 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:12 pm

Thank you for your quick reply.

I am able to provide 2 EHIC cards from my home (EU) country that cover pretty much the whole period between 2017 - 2018 (the beginning of my 5-year qualifying period before I became a full-time worker).

Unfortunately, I'm missing some EHIC cards between 2014 - 2017 either because the issuing institution collected the old one when I applied for a new one or I just forgot to apply for a new one as I wasn't aware of the CSI requirement back then and how important it was to collect them.

However, I also have a letter from the national health service in my home country (the same institution that issues EHIC cards) confirming I held comprehensive sickness insurance between 2014 - 2018 (the period of my studies). It's called an 'EHIC temporary replacement certificate'. I believe there are a few other EU countries that issue similar letters.

I hope this will be enough to prove I held CSI even if they look at the whole 5-year period before I received my settled status, but I wasn't sure if I should even be mentioning the years before 2017?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:44 pm

My understanding is that EHIC cards were not considered "CSI", however if those were accepted by the academic institutions, then it's best you provide those, the letter and a covering note explaining the facts. Caseworkers can/do exercise discretion on this subject so the more details you provide the better (I guess). You will know that CSI is a difficult subject and I am just giving my opinion. There have been no cases reported here that applicants were refused on the basis of CSI issues.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

tiknird1
European Union

Post by tiknird1 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:20 pm

I've just checked the 'Naturalisation as a British citizen by discretion: nationality policy guidance' and it says:

For those EEA and Swiss applicants who have been studying in the UK, or here as a self-sufficient person, you must check the EEA caseworker guidance to see what evidence is required to demonstrate that they were here lawfully. A full list of accepted CSI documents can be found in the EEA guidance in the ‘Comprehensive sickness insurance: documents required’ section.

If you follow the link to the EEA guidance (https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... gov-uk.pdf), it says:

They must provide one of the following documents to show they have CSI:
• a comprehensive private medical insurance policy document
• a valid European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) issued by an EEA member
state other than the UK (for people temporarily in the UK)
• form S1
• form S2
• form S3

I believe I can use the EHIC cards issued by my home country to prove I was insured there.

tiknird1
European Union

Post by tiknird1 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:35 pm

I was just wondering if anyone else has any thoughts on this?

tiknird1
European Union

Post by tiknird1 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:23 am

Anyone? :)

tiknird1
European Union

Passport Issuing Authority - Translate?

Post by tiknird1 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:33 am

Under Nationality details, I need to provide the details of my passport / ID card including the issuing authority. My passport is from another EU country, so the issuing authority name is not in English. Do I leave it in the original language or should I try and translate it? Thank you.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:37 am

There's little exerience around on this subject - virtually no history of refusals of naturalisation applications due to CSI issues, though many prefer not to apply for fear of loosing the fee and may wait until the 10 years covered by "good character" have passed.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Passport Issuing Authority - Translate?

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:40 am

Normally the main fields are translated into English & French...
Though I expect that UKVI (and later HMPO) will be familiar with your country's passport - don't think a tranlation is necessary if at least your personal details are in latin alphabet.

tiknird1
European Union

Post by tiknird1 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:25 am

Thank you. Yes, annoyingly fields such as name, nationality, dates etc. are translated into English on my passport (and also into French on my old expired one), including the field where it says 'authority', but the actual name of the issuing authority is only listed in the original language. I guess it's probably because the exact same role doesn't exist in any of the English-speaking governments - it's basically issued by the person that oversees the running of my home country's equivalent of an English county.

If they look at my passport, they will be able to see it under Authority ('authority' itself is translated into English), so hopefully it won't be an issue.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:57 am

You could say "county of xxx" - here we would say "HMPO London" of course - can't be an issue - in the EU there are likely 27 different ways of organising processes.

tiknird1
European Union

Post by tiknird1 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:51 pm

Thank you, alterhase58. I'll go ahead with the letter from my home country's national health service confirming I had CSI there during the whole period of my studies (basically since I was born until I graduated as a dependant of my parent who is insured due to being employed and paying required contributions - that's how it works in my home country) as well as the two EHIC cards I've managed to keep, which conveniently cover the student years of my 5-year qualifying period (hopefully strengthening the case), and hope that it will be enough as surely it must be better than not having any proof of CSI at all.

I've also read that if your EHIC cards only have the expiry date, but not the issue date (which is the case), you need to provide a letter confirming you had CSI for the whole duration of your student/self-sufficient period, so I guess I'd need the letter either way.

britalian89
United Kingdom

Post by britalian89 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:14 pm

tiknird1 wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:33 am
Under Nationality details, I need to provide the details of my passport / ID card including the issuing authority. My passport is from another EU country, so the issuing authority name is not in English. Do I leave it in the original language or should I try and translate it? Thank you.
I left mine completely in the orginal language and my application got approved.

tiknird1
European Union

Post by tiknird1 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:26 pm

britalian89 wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:14 pm
tiknird1 wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:33 am
I left mine completely in the orginal language and my application got approved.
Thank you, that's really good to know, appreciate your reply.

tiknird1
European Union

Post by tiknird1 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:31 pm

I'd appreciate it if someone was able to help me with one more question on this subject.

I've got the letter from my home country's national health service translated into English by a chartered translator.

Do I need to translate the EHIC cards? It seems a bit pointless as the format is exactly the same as of the UK EHIC card, but I want to be on the safe side.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:30 am

The translated letter (+original) should be sufficient. No need for translating the cards.

tiknird1
European Union

Post by tiknird1 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:46 am

Thank you very much!

tiknird1
European Union

EU Citizen - Required Evidence

Post by tiknird1 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:03 am

Good morning,

I'd really appreciate it if someone could advise me on the following:

1) Do I need to submit any proof of being in the UK exactly 5 years before application on UKVCAS? I have a payslip and a bank statement confirming I worked / used my card in the UK exactly 5 years before my application. Is that necessary / could it help? Or is the Home Office happy with just the breakdown of my absences showing I was in the UK 5 years before the application?

2) As an EU citizen, I understand I only need to provide my passport + a breakdown of my absences, and don't need to upload any flight tickets to prove when I entered / left the UK? My passport doesn't have any stamps, though.

3) To prove my residence, I'm planning to upload two PDF documents, one with my P60s only, and one with both my P60s, and all payslips covering the past 5 years to be more thorough. There's quite a lot of them, though, as I mostly get paid weekly. Would this annoy the Home Office and should I just stick to a shorter document with P60s only?

Thank you!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: EU Citizen - Required Evidence

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:46 am

Please keep all your queries in one thread ...
tiknird1 wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:03 am
Good morning,

I'd really appreciate it if someone could advise me on the following:

1) Do I need to submit any proof of being in the UK exactly 5 years before application on UKVCAS? I have a payslip and a bank statement confirming I worked / used my card in the UK exactly 5 years before my application. Is that necessary / could it help? Or is the Home Office happy with just the breakdown of my absences showing I was in the UK 5 years before the application? No - your proof is the absence listing.

2) As an EU citizen, I understand I only need to provide my passport + a breakdown of my absences, and don't need to upload any flight tickets to prove when I entered / left the UK? My passport doesn't have any stamps, though. You don't need to prove your absences, i.e. no flight tickets . That's why you provide alternative evidence of residence per point 3!

3) To prove my residence, I'm planning to upload two PDF documents, one with my P60s only, and one with both my P60s, and all payslips covering the past 5 years to be more thorough. There's quite a lot of them, though, as I mostly get paid weekly. Would this annoy the Home Office and should I just stick to a shorter document with P60s only? P60s are sufficient - a minimum of documents will do - in my case I only had one (employer letter).

Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:48 am

Topics merged
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tiknird1
European Union

Post by tiknird1 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:49 am

Thank you very much! That's really helpful!

tiknird1
European Union

Parents details - Mother’s Family Name

Post by tiknird1 » Tue May 03, 2022 5:42 pm

Hi All,

In the parents details section, should I put my mother’s family name down as her married name? It’s her legal name and is listed on all her ID documents.

Or should it be her maiden name before she got married?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Parents details - Mother’s Family Name

Post by alterhase58 » Tue May 03, 2022 7:53 pm

Married name should be sufficient, unless maiden name is also asked for.

tiknird1
European Union

Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?

Post by tiknird1 » Fri May 20, 2022 3:44 pm

Hi All,

I'm completing the 'Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?' section of my British citizenship application, and wanted to double check two things.

I’m an EU citizen, and have only ever applied for a settled status.

Name in which you made the application - should this be my name or application type? At the moment, I’ve put down [my name] - The EU Settlement Scheme - is that correct?

Date of application, if known - I’ve put down the date I applied for my settled status, not the date it was accepted - is that correct?

Thank you!