ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Forgot to put my name in referee form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dinnye82
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Typo in citizenship application

Post by Dinnye82 » Sun May 29, 2022 10:44 pm

Hello,
I have recently submitted my citizenship application, but just discovered that I made an mistake, when filling in my trips. I left for a trip on 3rd march 2018 and came back on 6th march 2018, but I accidentally typed 6th march 2019 as my return date. With this mistake, it takes my days absent from UK above 450 days, which in theory would disqualify me from citizenship.

Are there anything I can do to change my application or let HO know about this mistake.

Thank you

wajihab
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Typo in citizenship application

Post by wajihab » Mon May 30, 2022 9:53 am

If you have not submitted your documents yet, write a cover letter and mention the mistake and make sure to include the stamps from your passport if any.

Dinnye82
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Dinnye82 » Mon May 30, 2022 11:00 am

wajihab wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 9:53 am
If you have not submitted your documents yet, write a cover letter and mention the mistake and make sure to include the stamps from your passport if any.
Hi,
Thanks for the answer. I guess my main fear is that, will the system automatically reject(since days absent is above the threshold) my application without anyone ever looks at my cover letter?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon May 30, 2022 11:16 am

There is no decision automation in the application - case workers will be reviewing the documents loaded including cover letters..
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Dinnye82
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Forgot to put my name in referee form

Post by Dinnye82 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:22 pm

Hello

I have recently uploaded my documents for british citizenship, but on the referee form I forgot to wrote my name next to Name of Applicant. Has anyone made the same mistake before and did it cause an issue?