ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

<Urgent>Joining date and Notice period query - Skilled worker visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raosmita3003
United Kingdom

<Urgent>Joining date and Notice period query - Skilled worker visa

Post by raosmita3003 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:38 am

Hi Team
I need a help on my below queries

I had applied for a Skilled worked visa(employer change) and have received a confirmation that it has been approved on 9th June 2022. The biometrics were done on 19th May 2022. The decision was delayed though had applied in the priority service route.
The COS start date with new employer is 4th July 2022 and they want me to join on this date.

1. What happens to my Old Skilled worker visa with Old employer now that I have received my new visa?
2. As I have a notice period of 30 days to be served and the visa decision was received on 9th June(was delayed) I won't be able to complete the 30 days notice period with my current employer. I have not initiated the resignation yet as the new employer has not shared with me the contract of employment. What is the advise if the new employer is asking me to join on 4th July 2022 which is the COS start date as I won't be able to complete my notice period with my old employer and have a clean exit.
3. If I decide not to join the new employer if they dont want to wait for me can I continue with my Old employer on my Old Skilled worked visa?

Any quick help would be much appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: <Urgent>Joining date and Notice period query - Skilled worker visa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:57 am

1. Your old visa has now been cancelled. You cannot hold two visas at the same time.

2. Best you negotiate with the new employer.

3. If you don't start with the new employer, you cannot simply continue working for your old employer. You would have to apply for a new skilled worker visa again and pay all associated fees. You will only be able to work again once your new skilled worker visa has been granted for your old employment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

raosmita3003
United Kingdom

Re: <Urgent>Joining date and Notice period query - Skilled worker visa

Post by raosmita3003 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:18 pm

Thank you