ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can Boris and the church help illegal immigrants in the UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shami
Newly Registered

Can Boris and the church help illegal immigrants in the UK

Post by shami » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:19 am

It seems that few politicians and religious leaders have the balls to go against the rabid media, the BNP , Labour and the Tories to demand a humane solution to illegal immigrants. Will they help regualrise those who have been here for donkeys' years?

cheers

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:36 am

If someone has been here for "donkeys years", I believe that would be more than 14 years, they could (in the majority of cases) regularise their position in any event.

As for bumbling Boris offering an immigration amnesty for London, he does not have the legal authority to do so. Immigration law and policy is a UK Central Government controlled and managed affair, local government is not going to push Parliament into doing anything that is going to be as controversial as this brainless Boris idea suggests.

There is not a single political party that will consider that idea in the short to medium term given the recent concession that ended on 1st October. In short it is nonsense spin put out to generate media interest that is probably being used to mask some other failing part of the Boris Empire.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:40 am

As for a humane solution, be careful with this wording, it is normally used to refer to putting down animals or killing animals for food in an acceptable manner.
I am sure some far right wing groups would love to use the humane solution as a way of dealing with immigration :(

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:43 am

And with the ever worsening recession, I'd think the race would be on to accelerate the removal rate, an amnesty is even more unlikely in this climate.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:12 am

ILLEGAL and others who does blue collar jobs will go themselves in this financial situations

there are no jobs very poor state of economy so no fodder for black economy where blood sucking of llegal is carreid out by economy

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:20 pm

Wanderer wrote:And with the ever worsening recession, I'd think the race would be on to accelerate the removal rate, an amnesty is even more unlikely in this climate.
I couldn't agree more (although God knows how it's going to be done if the general workforce is being laid off left right and centre).

All Boris has done is to cause unneccessary excitement among those who see the word Amnesty lit up like a Christmas tree - even when used in conjunction with a group of negative words such as No Way, Never, and Not today!!

Now everyone's going to be in competition for even the most menial work.

Backside cleaning, anyone..?
Oh, the drama...!

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:53 pm

To the OP, not really in my opinion.

I don't see an amnesty happening. There are already routes in certain cases for people to regularise their stay in the UK if they have no leave, and no automatic bar for people joining family members with the correct EC. The time being proposed was settlement after only five years of illegal stay in the UK. It seems wrong to reward people for breaking the law in that way. Work permit holders and people on HSMP/Tier1 have to wait for 5 years and they have paid and done things by the book.

The demand goes up each time when Spain holds an amnesty, as far as I am aware. So the problem of people being here with no stay is not solved by an amnesty because it then becomes a big pull factor.

Markie

Re: Can Boris and the church help illegal immigrants in the

Post by Markie » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:47 am

to be honest. Amnesty for current lot will usher in a wave of new batch of them. besides Boris' opnion should be with him alone as the top brass is a bit not kin with his remarks... watch this space...who knows.
shami wrote:It seems that few politicians and religious leaders have the balls to go against the rabid media, the BNP , Labour and the Tories to demand a humane solution to illegal immigrants. Will they help regualrise those who have been here for donkeys' years?

cheers