ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

List of Documents for Dependent under Tier-1 Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nakvis

List of Documents for Dependent under Tier-1 Extension

Post by nakvis » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:13 pm

From the guidance, I understand that below documents are required for any dependent application for the Tier 1 Extension:

1. Dependent Application
2. Maintenance Funds Availability Proof (This can be on either Main Applicant name or The Dependent or the Family member who is applying at the same time)
3. Dependent Passport
4. Dependent Photographs 2.

No where they are asking to include either Marriage Certificate or Birth Certificate.

Please let me know if anyone disagrees with me.

ramgsk

Post by ramgsk » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:27 am

Not sure about the Tier1 extension, but for straight Tier1 Dependant Visa they want the documents to show how the dependant is related to the main applicant, if the dependant is a spouse then obviously marriage certificate would be the one that shows it, if the dependant is child then birth ceritificate is the one that shows it.

Atleast in VAF10, the last page, Annexure, shows some bulleted points which also contains to put in any marriage certificate if relevant.
- Ramgsk

mbasaaga

DEPENDENT APP FORM

Post by mbasaaga » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:34 pm

Hi,

I am planning to apply for my dependent spouse and son. I had a few questions:

- Do I need to pay the fees for both?
- Do I need to submit two sets of bank statements? In other words, my bank statement shows sufficient balance - but since there are two applicants, do I need to submit two copies of the same bank statement?

Many thanks,

ramgsk wrote:Not sure about the Tier1 extension, but for straight Tier1 Dependant Visa they want the documents to show how the dependant is related to the main applicant, if the dependant is a spouse then obviously marriage certificate would be the one that shows it, if the dependant is child then birth ceritificate is the one that shows it.

Atleast in VAF10, the last page, Annexure, shows some bulleted points which also contains to put in any marriage certificate if relevant.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:56 pm

One set of bank statements is enough.

Assuming you are applying from outside UK the following points apply to your case:

"There are two different fees for the highly skilled worker category:
£200 if you submit a valid HSMP approval letter with your application (this is because you have already paid for the approval letter), which is payable in local currency; and
£600 for all other applicants, which is payable in local currency.

The fee your dependants must pay

Any dependant applications accompanying your application form must pay the same fee as you pay for your application, which is £600 and payable in local currency. If your dependants are applying under the transitional arrangements and you have an HSMP approval letter, your dependants must show a copy of the HSMP approval letter when making their application to confirm that they are entitled to the transitional fee."

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:59 pm

If you are applying from UK:

The fee you must pay
There are two different fees for the highly skilled worker category:

£350 if you submit a valid HSMP approval letter with your application for initial entry (switching) into Tier 1 General (this is because you have already paid for the approval letter); and

£750 for all other applicants (including applications for extension within the highly skilled worker category if you are currently in the United Kingdom under HSMP).

Dependant applications for your spouse, partner or children under 18 which are sent together with your own form are free of charge.

Dependant applications for children over 18, or any dependant applications sent separately or later, will have to pay an extra fee of £395.