ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BABY and ILR IMMIGRATION STATUS DOCUMENT (ISD)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

oxygen
Newly Registered

BABY and ILR IMMIGRATION STATUS DOCUMENT (ISD)

Post by oxygen » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:03 pm

Hi all,
My daughter got ILR when she was 2 weeks old. And her ILR is on the paper called IMMIGRATION STATUS DOCUMENT (ISD).

We have to go back our country next week so it's not enough time to get her a passport from here which it takes up to 6 weeks.
i'll get it in our country.

My question is
Can she come back to UK with her Passport with ISD paper (not endorse in passport)?
Thanks

#

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:14 pm

Yes she can travel with the ISD. The HO will issue such a document if your baby's passport was not present at the time the application was approved.

Travelling with an ISD docuement can be cross referenced at any airport and I suggest you take supporting documents that forms the basis of your babys application being approved by the HO such as birth certificate, your residency status etc

Remember that you baby's ISD is a valid document has the HO would not have issued it if the necessary checks was not completed. When you are back in the Uk, you could then apply to have the endorsement transferred to your baby's passport.

Good luck but there is no need to worry (I was in the exact position in July and worried unnecessarily about it).