ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance visa bank statement overdrawn

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Chiddy
Newly Registered

Fiance visa bank statement overdrawn

Post by Chiddy » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:25 pm

Hi

My Fiance in Tanzania is applying for Fiance visa but my statements are overdrawn will that affect his application. I live with my mum and she can help financially. Can they refuse on that basis, I earn £17500 a year?

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: Fiance visa bank statement overdrawn

Post by sakura » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:29 am

Chiddy wrote:Hi

My Fiance in Tanzania is applying for Fiance visa but my statements are overdrawn will that affect his application. I live with my mum and she can help financially. Can they refuse on that basis, I earn £17500 a year?
It depends on how overdrawn you are, and how much your incomings/outgoings are. Third-party financial sponsorship is not allowed, so your mother cannot help you.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:56 am

To be blunt they are going to refuse the visa. It is a general view if you can not support yourself without borrowing how can you support another person?

Get your accounts sorted, ensure you have a positive, however minimal balance for three moths then apply. If you have a savings account or ISA with reasonable amounts you could show this as proof of funds. If that is not the case you are going to struggle to get the visa.

Chiddy
Newly Registered

Post by Chiddy » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:13 pm

I have about £2000 coming in and £1500 coming out. Just struggling to come out of the overdraft. I have another account which is always in positive but only get Child benefit paid in it and other small cash amounts. Will this help? If i pay in a large amount for 2nd statement to put me in the black will this look bad?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:08 pm

Your figures do not make sense - on £17500 pa you do not get £2000 net pay per month. You would have to earn approx £30,000 pa to get that amount. I am assuming you get some other income / benefits other than your job?

If your savings do not cancel out your overdraft then it will not make a difference. You are still in a negative position.

Large sums entered into an account have to be explained, best not to get down that road. BUT if it comes from another account in your name and you can demonstrate the transfer it will be ok.

Waiting to get everything straight now is better than getting a refusal and appealing. An appeal will take 6-9 months to get to court.

Chiddy
Newly Registered

Post by Chiddy » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:51 pm

The £2000 included tax credits and child benefit. My Fiance got the visa today im so happy. After all the negative comments about being overdrawn we decided just to go for it. He could show savings of $3000usd and how much he earned a month. Thank you for all the help we did put alot of information about our relationship and loads of pics of us together. Goodluck to everyone and hope you get your visas

frankieblues
Newly Registered

Post by frankieblues » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:19 pm

happy to hear that your fiancee got the visa!!!!! hope I got mine very scared :S :?

rracquah
Newly Registered

Post by rracquah » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:38 pm

Thats great to hear! I am having similar worries - although i am in the positive i am spending more money each month than i am earning - this is all because i am spending money getting to ghana and back to see hubby, and costs associated with us living apart. i am going to try and proove that without these expenses i will be ok financially..anyone think i am being stupid for goin ahead? Dont want to waste the money or the time if it is a definite no...although you just gave me hope!

:)

Chiddy
Newly Registered

Post by Chiddy » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:11 pm

Hi Raccquah just a quick question does your fiance have any savings? I'm sure this helped our application. Good-luck if you decide to go ahead with the application. Just make sure all your paper work is in order ie how you keep in touch phone calls, msn chat and photos of you together. Give as much information to show your relationship is genuine and you have funds to support your self and spouse.

rracquah
Newly Registered

Post by rracquah » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:08 pm

hi - he has a small amount of savings - about £2000, been in his bank more than three months. We have all the photos/phone bills/letters etc etc. I am mostly worried about our finances, and our wedding - we had a very small wedding in a registrar office with only his family there. I loved it, we thought it was perfect but you know they will ask questions!

thanks for response, so nervous!