ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Declaration of fidelity is back?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

punkGit81
Newly Registered
Mood:
Cocos (Keeling) Islands

Declaration of fidelity is back?

Post by punkGit81 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:37 pm

Just got a letter today that my application was approved and that I have 4 weeks to send back the declaration of fidelity, and if I don't return it in 4 weeks I'll be required to attend an in-person ceremony.
The letter is dated 17th of June.
I was honestly almost ready to give up as I thought I'd have to wait till December now, but this seems good news.

I guess this adds to the overall confusion, however I hope that they'll apply this same approach to all those who missed the ceremony in June.

Did anyone else get this? Is there any catch?

Do you know if the naturalization certificate is sent by standard post? Does it fit in a letterbox? (... I was wondering about this as I might be at work when it's delivered)

AmiVera2022
Mood:
Italy

Re: Declaration of fidelity is back?

Post by AmiVera2022 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:17 pm

Hi! Yes, other people including myself just received the same letter as you. This is very good news as I also thought I had to wait until December. I don't know how they will send the certificate to us but I assume with registered post. In my building the mailman leaves letters in the mailbox without asking for signature anyway....

bhanu_it2002
Newly Registered
India

Post by bhanu_it2002 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:10 pm

I received the letter yesterday. In the letter it's mentioned to send Original Irish Travel document along with the singed declaration of fidelity document.

what does irish travel document mean? Is it IRP?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:59 pm

bhanu_it2002 wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:10 pm
I received the letter yesterday. In the letter it's mentioned to send Original Irish Travel document along with the singed declaration of fidelity document.

that's a travel document for refugees
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/coming- ... -document/
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

NPLC
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by NPLC » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:30 pm

meself2 wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:59 pm
bhanu_it2002 wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:10 pm

that's a travel document for refugees

Including IRP!
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/coming- ... -document/

oakers
Ireland

Post by oakers » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:02 am

AmiVera2022 wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:17 pm
Hi! Yes, other people including myself just received the same letter as you. This is very good news as I also thought I had to wait until December. I don't know how they will send the certificate to us but I assume with registered post. In my building the mailman leaves letters in the mailbox without asking for signature anyway....
Yeah, they send it registered.

james2005
Mood:
Croatia

Post by james2005 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:10 am

Yes i received approval two days ago with fidelity form, I thought i had to wait till December too. Good news imo :D

AmiVera2022
Mood:
Italy

Post by AmiVera2022 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:33 am

I’m so happy you guys! I waited almost 2 years and I was very sad when I was not invited to the June ceremony. But now I’m actually happier it went this way because I don’t have a car and it would have been a nightmare to get to the ceremony. I’m so grateful the minister kept the affidavit system!

AmiVera2022
Mood:
Italy

Post by AmiVera2022 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:48 am

Should we update each other when our payments will get processed? I will post it when I get that, hopefully soon :)

euser123
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by euser123 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:14 am

Congrats to all of you!

I received mine as well. However, I would like to attend the ceremony (silly, but at this point I don't mind waiting). Does anyone know what to do then? I am assuming I just don't send in the declaration? I paid the online payment on time, but now I am wondering if I want to wait until December if I just wait for the invitation. Any insight? THANKS!

AmiVera2022
Mood:
Italy

Post by AmiVera2022 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:06 pm

euser123 wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:14 am
Congrats to all of you!

I received mine as well. However, I would like to attend the ceremony (silly, but at this point I don't mind waiting). Does anyone know what to do then? I am assuming I just don't send in the declaration? I paid the online payment on time, but now I am wondering if I want to wait until December if I just wait for the invitation. Any insight? THANKS!
Congrats! When did you receive the oath of fidelity form?
TBH I would follow the instructions they sent if I were you. You can always attend the ceremony virtually or request to be invited in person. The reason I'm saying this is because it's so difficult to get a hold of the citizenship division if an issue occurs. You can send emails and they ignore them really......

Miranda0412
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Miranda0412 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:45 pm

I signed also the declaration of fidelity in July 16, unfortunatelly my payment was in submitted till 1/Sep. I dont know if I will get the certificate or the invitation to the ceremony as I saw they already have a day for the ceremony in December.
Has anybody gotten the certificate recently?

AmiVera2022
Mood:
Italy

Post by AmiVera2022 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:59 pm

If you signed and paid within the 4 weeks you'll get your certificate at home, no matter how long it took them to process your payment

happyj
Mood:
Ireland

Post by happyj » Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:08 pm

If you sign the declaration, is the application process faster?
punkGit81 wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:37 pm
Just got a letter today that my application was approved and that I have 4 weeks to send back the declaration of fidelity, and if I don't return it in 4 weeks I'll be required to attend an in-person ceremony.
I was honestly almost ready to give up as I thought I'd have to wait till December now, but this seems good news.

I guess this adds to the overall confusion, however I hope that they'll apply this same approach to all those who missed the ceremony in June.

Do you know if the naturalization certificate is sent by standard post? Does it fit in a letterbox? (... I was wondering about this as I might be at work when it's delivered)

punkGit81
Newly Registered
Mood:
Cocos (Keeling) Islands

Post by punkGit81 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:06 pm

happyj wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:08 pm
If you sign the declaration, is the application process faster?
punkGit81 wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:37 pm

Yes it is, as you don't have to wait for an invitation to a ceremony, however unfortunately you don't get to choose (unless things have changed in the past couple of months).