ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Application and Travelling

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

superda
Newly Registered
India

Naturalisation Application and Travelling

Post by superda » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:11 pm

Hi,

A family of three (me, wife and a 14-year-old) applied for a naturalisation application last month. We submitted our biometric yesterday.

I know the decision might take at least 3 months. We are planning to travel next month and returning back by August.

I have a question regarding the decision, what if we receive a decision by August? are we allowed to enter using ILR BRP including a 14-year-old one?

Children normally receive their naturalisation certificate without ceremony so bit confused about travel.

Could you please help?

Thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation Application and Travelling

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:26 pm

Hello,

The decision doesn't make you British. Your are British only when you attend the ceremony at the Council, sign and receive your naturalisation certificate. Before that, you are still foreign national and you can still use your current immigration documents.

So again, even with a positive decision in hand from the Home Office, you are not yet a British citizen.

superda
Newly Registered
India

Post by superda » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:38 pm

Thanks Zerubbabel,

Actually, out of three applications, one is under 16

Normally under 16 receive their certificate without a ceremony so in this scenario

1. Would there be any issue to use my daughter's ILR BRP to enter UK border control?
2. Also we have to send their BRP within 5 days after receiving their naturalisation certificate in the above scenario how long can be delayed since we are outside the country.

Thanks,

superda
Newly Registered
India

Post by superda » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:48 pm

Hi,

Can someone please help me?

Thanks