ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Acting as someone’s referee. Worried!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Masha123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Acting as someone’s referee. Worried!

Post by Masha123 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:28 pm

A family friend asked me to be a referee for her naturalisation form. She brought the printed form & i signed as i had known her a for a while. The mai form was completed online and i didnt get to see it. Once she left i then decided to go through the requirements & discovered that you can be fined if something is incorect & basically im confirming the form is accurate.

I then decided to check with my friend on what basis had she put me as a referee , she then said work collegue? I was suprised & honestly upset by this. I then messaged saying i want to sign accurate i formation & she should edit it to reflect correctly that im signing as a family friend. She agreed she will amend but since then i have been uneasy & worried that if she doesnt change it it & the home office checks i can end up in jail . I am even having panick attacks.

Am i overthinking this or should i tell her to remove me as a referee if she hasnt sent it

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Acting as someone’s referee. Worried!

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:31 pm

You are overthinking.

Many things in this country require a referees such as immigration applications, driving license, naturalisation... etc. People are used to sign these documents. I signed many. You are not guaranteeing anything apart that you are signing for the correct person.