ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier -1- General - Earnings for 11 months

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

t1g
Newly Registered

Tier -1- General - Earnings for 11 months

Post by t1g » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:24 pm

Hi All,

I am applying for UK Tier-1-General visa in the first week of next month(Dec 2008), I had been working with my current employer from Jan 2008 to Till date, but had a break (vacation) from work during last year (Dec 2007 to Jan 2008). before that I was employed with another concern. So I Can only provide 11 months pay slips, but I do have the necessary Points on

Age - 20 points.
Earnings - 30 points (11 months).
Qualification - 35 points (Post Graduation).
Total - 85 points.

Fund Mainteneance for 3 months (> than 2800 GBP) - 10 points.
English Eligibility - 10 points.

I browsed through the UKVISAS website and found this under the earnings

**You may claim for a period of less than 12 months, but these earnings will not be considered on a pro rata basis. **

Please let me know if I there could be any problems creeping up if i apply with payslips only for 11 months.

Thanks

sanj
Newly Registered

Post by sanj » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:28 pm

Dear friend,

Don't worry, you should not face much problem, you need 10 more points and your 11 month salary should be able to provide you.

Now while submitting this 11 month salary , make sure these 11 month salary fall within the last 15 months.That means you could submit anything post July 2007 salary.

So now the interpretation of what you read on visa website: You can submit 1,2,3....11,12 month any number of salary slips , the more are the months more will be the amount claimed and more will be points.So for them if you submit 11 months they will assume this is what you earned in 12 months. if you submit 3 months , they will assume this is what you have earned in last 12 months. They will not forcast the 12th Month salary based on last 11 month salary.....isn't this simple.

priya_bhosale

Post by priya_bhosale » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:08 pm

If you are making the necessary points in 11 months instead of 12 then thats fine. But its very important to note that the earnings have to be made in 11 consecutive months.

For example you cannot show earnings from dec 2007, then skip january 2008 and then show earnings from feb 08 to nov 08. It has to be 11 consecutive months.