ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will I get a new BRP or not?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Partoegypt
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Will I get a new BRP or not?

Post by Partoegypt » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:17 am

Hi All, I have a Tier2 visa (skilled worker) and my BRP was valid until 15th of May 2022 so I started the extension procedures on the 8th of April 2022 and I got the Home Office letter saying my application has been successful on the 3rd of June 2022 and it is mentioned that they will send my BRP by courier in 10 days but I got nothing. After 10 days I reported that I have not received the BRP yet and I got a reply from the BRP delivery team saying that they have passed my inquiry onto the caseworker, as the Delivery team is unable to assist me further, and since then, I have not heard back anything. So, I called the UKVI twice and in the first time the lady told me that I will not get a new BRP because I used the (UK Immigration: ID Check) App and I can travel now and if I am in Egypt and coming back to the UK, in Cairo Airport they will know my UK immigration status by scanning my passport (which is a bit odd for me to be honest), in the second call another lady said that I will receive a new BRP as mentioned in the Home Office email and I should NOT plan to travel outside the UK before getting the new BRP and now I do not know who is right. So, I have two questions:
1- Will I get a new BRP or not?
2- If yes I will get a new BRP, shall I apply for a replacement considering that I got the Home Office letter on the 3rd of June 2022?

Thanks in advance for your reply and support, have a nice weekend.

Hampshire
Mood:
India

Re: Will I get a new BRP or not?

Post by Hampshire » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:34 am

Do not complicate it by applying for a replacement.

If they have mentioned you will get the card.

Partoegypt
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Post by Partoegypt » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:42 am

Hampshire wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:34 am

Thanks for replying, I believe I should not apply for a replacement to do not complicate it as you mentioned, but I am afraid to keep waiting forever and I will lose summer without visiting my family in Egypt. If they confirm that I will get a new BRP, I am happy to wait a month or two or more if needed but I need to be sure that I will get a new one eventually. The issue that when I call them, one time they say I will not get a new BRP and I should travel if I want and another time they say I will get a new BRP and I have to wait for it.

John3293
Mood:
India

Post by John3293 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:38 pm

Partoegypt wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:42 am
Hampshire wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:34 am

Thanks for replying, I believe I should not apply for a replacement to do not complicate it as you mentioned, but I am afraid to keep waiting forever and I will lose summer without visiting my family in Egypt. If they confirm that I will get a new BRP, I am happy to wait a month or two or more if needed but I need to be sure that I will get a new one eventually. The issue that when I call them, one time they say I will not get a new BRP and I should travel if I want and another time they say I will get a new BRP and I have to wait for it.
I do have the same question and I'm confused as well.

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits

This UK Gov webpage says -

You cannot get a BRP if you use the ‘UK Immigration: ID Check’ app to prove your identity when applying to stay in the UK. You’ll need to prove your right to live and work in the UK online instead.

If you apply for a BRP, you will not get one.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:10 pm

Partoegypt wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:17 am
Probably no?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Partoegypt
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Post by Partoegypt » Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:11 am

vinny wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:10 pm
Partoegypt wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:17 am
Probably no?
Thanks Vinny but I do not know if ur answer is info or a question? :D

I called the home office last Friday, I explained everything and the conflicting info, and they advised me to report that I have not received my BRP again despite I did it before and the delivery team clarified it is not a delivery issue.

If anyone here is in a similar situation or knows any info that could help, please let me know. Thanks

Partoegypt
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Post by Partoegypt » Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:03 am

I have not got my BRP yet, I called them many times and reported that I have not got my BRP many times and nothing happens :( Any suggestions pls?

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:12 am

Have you changed your address recently, i.e. after application submission?

Partoegypt
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Post by Partoegypt » Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:56 am

lolo2 wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:12 am
Have you changed your address recently, i.e. after application submission?
No, I live in the same address for the last three and a half years (before even getting the tier 2 visa and my first BRP was delivered to the same address without any issue). Moreover, one month ago when I reported that I have not received my BRP yet, the response was that this is not a delivery issue (so I assume the delivery team has not got my BRP and it stuck with the caseworker or the printing team).

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:21 pm

Provided you already reported the issue, you can try making a formal complaint to UKVI: Complaints procedure in case you haven't do so.

Be aware they also mention that 'it can take longer than usual to respond to these complaints'.

Partoegypt
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Post by Partoegypt » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:45 am

lolo2 wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:21 pm
Provided you already reported the issue, you can try making a formal complaint to UKVI: Complaints procedure in case you haven't do so.

Be aware they also mention that 'it can take longer than usual to respond to these complaints'.
I did submit a complaint last Friday, I think they are too busy and when something goes out of the normal process, it takes a very long time to be handled, some people had the same situation as me and they ended up asking for a replacement BRp so I think I will do the same which will take 3 weeks at least.