ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa for my husband coming from Albania to the uk

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mimi27
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa for my husband coming from Albania to the uk

Post by mimi27 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:37 pm

I have just been to Albania to get married, and we are waiting to apply for the spouse visa to the uk, please can anyone help with some advice on what to take and any ideas on how long it takes?

we met in 2006 in Italy and he has lived in italy until now, I have been over to italy as much as could for the last 2 yrs, but was unable to find a job there to allow us to live together there, because of this we don't have joint bank acconts etc, and I have been working freelance because this is the only way I have been able to go away to stay with him for long periods of time, now we are married and i am back in the uk, I am looking for a full time job, bcs I know I need to earn a set amount to prove I can support him for a visa, this is what I think I need to give him when he goes to the embassy in tirana to apply but please if you can help with any other suggestions I would really appreciate it

12 months of my parents mortgage statements
proof of their council tax payments
letter from local council saying property is big enough

my bank statements for 3 months, not being in an overdraft
payslips (need to sort a new full time job out for this)
letter from employer stating salary and proving employment

my itemised phone bills for the last 2 years
copies of our emails
our photos of us
our wedding photos
our wedding certificate
cards of congratulations for our wedding

copy of my passport, showing the visa i got when i came to albania
full birth certificate

I went to see an immigration lawyer and he said I only needed to earn more than the amount a couple gets on income support, does anyone have any comments on that? Because at the moment I don't care what job I get now, I'll do any work I just want my husband here as soon as possible, because I am so sick and tired of us living in separate countries, also does anyone know what kind of things they ask at the interview, bcs i keep hearing awful stories about people who got refused a spouse visa bcs they couldn't remember what colour their wife's toothbrush is.

Basically if anyone can give me some pointers it would be great because I am terrified of not getting a visa bcs I don't give the right things!

We are both in our late twenties, and have no criminal records. I have never claimed public funds in the uk which I hope will count in my favour. Its just hard because we haven't been living together full time, so we don't have joint tenancy agreements etc...

If anyone can give me some advice I would be really grateful....Many thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:02 pm

we met in 2006 in Italy and he has lived in italy until now
Is he a legal resident of Italy? If so I suggest he applies for his 27-month spouse visa there, rather than in Albania. It will be a much more pleasant experience.
Its just hard because we haven't been living together full time, so we don't have joint tenancy agreements etc...
Believe it or not there is no legal obligation for an engaged couple to live together before marriage! I think you are trying to think of a problem that does not exist.
I have never claimed public funds in the uk which I hope will count in my favour.
It will not count in your favour, or indeed against you. It is a non issue. As a British Citizen .... actually can you confirm that? ... you have every right to claim benefits to which you are entitled.
John

mimi27
Newly Registered

Post by mimi27 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:07 pm

I am a British Citizen, born in the UK, my husband was living in Italy as a student, but has left Italy and is now resident in Albania, thanks for your comments.

I have plenty of evidence of our relationship bcs we are a genuine couple and have been together for just over 2 years, my main worry now is getting a job asap that will give me enough money on paper for him to join me in the uk. The immigration lawyer I saw said as long as it was more than £100 a week it was ok, but I would appreciate some advice, bcs I have been offered some part time work, which would allow me to keep working freelance as well but it would mean I would only be getting a fixed income of about £130-£160 per week, but as we would be living at my parents address my outgoings are low.

Are they likely to refuse his application if that's what I am earning?

Thanks for replying

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:03 pm

Third-party support is not allowed these days, but the big proviso to that is that someone can allow you to live low-rent or rent-free, and that is OK.

So with your housing costs being nil or a low amount, that should be OK, if you are earning £130 to £160 pw.

What about savings? How much do you and your husband have in savings?

Also, when he arrives in the UK, what sort of work will your husband do? Does he have any particular skills?
John

mimi27
Newly Registered

Post by mimi27 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:04 am

neither of us have any savings so to speak, my husband left his degree course because of me, but has done 4 years of modern languages. The area I live in has alot of factories and industries so it won't be hard to find basic work for him, and if he takes exams he can do translation work, we just have to make a small contribution towards housekeeping at my parents house, and my parents have their own business which he may also be able to work for when he comes here.

My main concern I guess is the fact that up to this point I have been temping or working freelance because that has allowed me to go to italy to see him for as long as i could and to stay in albania for 3 weeks when we got married, because having a full time job i would never have been able to spend so much time with him. I will put this in writing for my application in case they query my recent employment, I was also looking for jobs in italy but as my italian is very poor, i couldn't find anything very easily, so now we are married i can take a full time position.

I can sort all the other things out for the visa with no problems bcs i have plenty of evidence of our genuine relationship, and we have a suitable place to live, i am just worried about how they will view my recent employment, and how soon after i get a new job can he apply for a visa?

If i get a letter from my employer stating my position and salary is that enough?

Sorry about all the questions am just panicking so much about the whole thing, and i just want my husband here with me as soon as possible.

Thanks for your help

mirnat

Post by mirnat » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:23 pm

Don't worry too much, it sounds like u have everything in order! I too was temping at the time I got married in Albania in December 2006 and submitted weekly payslips with my husband's application for a spouse visa at the British Embassy in Tirana. I had finished a full-time permanent job a couple of months before and had a new permanent job starting in the following January. The reason I was temping was much the same as u. My husband was removed from the UK in November 2006 and I wanted to spend as much time as possible with him and to spend time over there whilst we made wedding preparations etc. He still got his visa (although he did wait some 4 months to get it!) but u'll be fine if all the other paperwork is in order!