ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport has surname but no given name?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

A3guy
Newly Registered

Passport has surname but no given name?

Post by A3guy » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:00 am

Hi all,

I have a friend applying for his wifes visa. His issue is that his wife only has the surname populated and given name is blank, it does however have her husbands name listed.

Now, he has gone through the application but the IHS Surcharge is preventing him from continuing.

What should he do? Put in XXX as i have seen it mentioned, a . Which looks like would also let him continue or something else such as the husband name? Also its a bit worrying since the IHS Surcharge form states to give name exactly as written on passport.

All the supporting documents also match the passport so it would mean getting everything redone if she tried to get a new passport.

Can anyone please give some advice here?

Thank you

vinny

Re: Passport has surname but no given name?

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:23 am

When talking to her, how does he, or others, address his wife, by surname? Similar to “Mr. Spock”?
Spock said that his full name was unpronounceable to Humans.
Can she change her passport to include her given name?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

A3guy
Newly Registered

Re: Passport has surname but no given name?

Post by A3guy » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:16 pm

I think the issue is the given name is in the surname section, so thats her name.

Would getting a new passport reissued with the name moved to the given name be the right way forward? What about all the other documents such as TB test, english test and marriage certificate, would he issue a cover letter to explain those or no? I guess he wants to avoid getting a new passport to avoid the confusion in the documents.