ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch 10 years to 5 years new guidelines issued on 20/06/2022

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ALIADNAN770
United Kingdom

Switch 10 years to 5 years new guidelines issued on 20/06/2022

Post by ALIADNAN770 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:54 pm

Hello all Gurus and Masters 🤗

My freind is on 10 years parent rout and its her 2nd extension which is going to expire on 20/06/2023 and will be completed 5 years. She want to switch to 5 years rout from 10 years. Her circumstances are as below:

She is single mother of 3 British child.
She is register disable person and getting LCWRA.
She is not working at all due to her disability and claiming universal credit.
For her previous extension her all fees were void in result of fee viewer application.

She need to know that

1. will she eligible to apply for 5 years rout?

2. If she is eligible, After switch her recent 4 years will counted for 5 year rout or her time period will reset?

3. If she is eligible, Should she wait to complete this extension and on completion of 5 years she should apply for ILR (even she is in 10 year rout) instead of further expansion with an explanation letter ?

Or

4. If she eligible, what form should she use to switch the rout plz?

All of your openions, advises and information will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards

ALIADNAN770
United Kingdom

Re: Switch 10 years to 5 years new guidelines issued on 20/06/2022

Post by ALIADNAN770 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:11 am

Any help plzzz

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:26 pm

ALIADNAN770 wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:54 pm

My freind is on 10 years parent rout and its her 2nd extension which is going to expire on 20/06/2023 and will be completed 5 years. She want to switch to 5 years rout from 10 years. Her circumstances are as below:

For her previous extension her all fees were void in result of fee viewer application.

She need to know that

2. If she is eligible, After switch her recent 4 years will counted for 5 year rout or her time period will reset?

3. If she is eligible, Should she wait to complete this extension and on completion of 5 years she should apply for ILR (even she is in 10 year rout) instead of further expansion with an explanation letter ?

Or

Thanks and regards
Simply put, change makes no sense now./b]

Once you're on 10 years for example, you can try and switch to some eligible 5 years. This obviously resets the clock and the person ends up spending 7.5 years if done after the first 2.5 years.
After you've spent 5 years of 10 years, then you try to switch 5 years, it ends up being the same thing 10 years.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

ALIADNAN770
United Kingdom

Post by ALIADNAN770 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:52 am

Ticktack wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:26 pm
ALIADNAN770 wrote:

She need to know that

Or

Thanks and regards
Simply put, change makes no sense now./b]

Once you're on 10 years for example, you can try and switch to some eligible 5 years. This obviously resets the clock and the person ends up spending 7.5 years if done after the first 2.5 years.
After you've spent 5 years of 10 years, then you try to switch 5 years, it ends up being the same thing 10 years.

Thax for ur reply. But there is new changes on 20/06/2022, where this reset period is void now.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:13 pm

ALIADNAN770 wrote:

She need to know that

1. will she eligible to apply for 5 years rout? She can switch to 5 years if she meets the requirement for it.

2. If she is eligible, After switch her recent 4 years will counted for 5 year rout or her time period will reset? Clock will still RESET but she can continue to under the 10 years route and apply under the long residence route SET LR.

Or

Thanks and regards
Please the new ROUTE do not apply to people on 5 years route except for people who are on 10 years route.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

sam550
United Kingdom

Post by sam550 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:55 pm

ALIADNAN770 wrote:

She need to know that

Or

Thanks and regards
Hello,

I’m in a same pickle, I’ve already as 2 extensions on FLR FP and next year would be my last application then I’ll be eligible for ILR in 2024, unfortunately rite now the information is very limited on this forum and I don’t trust solicitors so I’m sticking to my original route of 10 years of FLR FP and then switch to ILR unless I get further information before my last extension.

Good luck