ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

pleeease help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

goodsoul
Newly Registered

pleeease help

Post by goodsoul » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:50 am

Hi everyone i'm new and joind the forum bcoz i happned to see some excellent advice given by the moderators on this forum. Pls help me as my husband and i am about to put in our application .

My husband has 13 years of work ex - 3 in employment and 10 as a self employed person running a successful business. He employs about 10 people including supervisors and technicians. He works as the General Manager in his own company. My queries are:

1) The guideline says that for self employed persons their work will usually be considered senior level work if they employ a number of people. So how should we substantiate that he employed and manged a number of staff and therefore his work to be senior level work? Will a confimation from our CA stating the number of people working be considered. Any other suggestions?

2) We all know that a General Manger's profile is above graduate level so how should we show that his work was a graduate level work? We have taken printouts of adverts for G.M in the automotive industry where clearly a degree is asked for. What do u think?

3) For self employed - proof of work ex is IT returns, annual business a/c.Since we're claiming for 10 years of work ex incl 5 of senior level should we submit IT returns and annual accounts for all of the 10 years or should we be selective?

4)We got married in 2003. My husband was staying with his family before marriage. After our marriage we continued living at the same add with the family.
To prove that we were staying together, we have- a marriage certificate with our residential add, a joint account statement (with our residential add )from bank showing all transactions from 2003 till now, a duplicate insurance certificate of my husband issued and received in 2003, a bank statement from another bank a/c owned by my husband stating our residential add, a payment statment of phone owned by me for 2004, current telephone bill for 2005 in my name sent at residential add and telephone bills in my husband's name for 2 different nos. Willl this suffice ?

Please give your views and help .Thanx

Saint

Post by Saint » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:33 am

I am in a similar position, I'm going to write what I did but please keep in mind that my application is not processed yet.

1- There is no other way to prove how many people are employed in his company. There might be some bulky official documents but I think a letter from the accountant is the best option.

2- I would also write the nature of his work i.e. a job description etc. However, if he's the sole owner of the company, you might try to find a third party to confirm this. Contracts with clients, clients stating the nature of the work, project management with suppliers are the options that come into my mind. If the company is a partnership, you can get such a document from another member of the board.

3- I don't have a clear idea on that. If you have them all, send last 4-5 years and a few from the past..

4- Again, no clear idea - people who claimed those points can help you better. You might want to have something addressed to both of you if you already haven't.

By the way, make sure you send balance sheets/financials and official company registration documents.

Hope this helps.

goodsoul
Newly Registered

Moderators pls help

Post by goodsoul » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:14 pm

Well thanx Saint for ur suggestions. Can any of the moderators pls help and give their advice