ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

French PACS / Spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tonizo
Newly Registered
France

French PACS / Spouse visa

Post by tonizo » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:27 pm

Hello Everybody,

I'm a French citizen currently living in the UK with a pre-settled status and my girlfriend is currently living in a non-EEA country. I heard that the French PACS was recognised in the UK as a civil partnership but can be used for Spouse. visa only if the PACS has been made in France. Does somebody here have some informations about this?

I would like us to get PACSed in the UK, as I can't do it in France anymore because I'm no longer a French resident, and then apply for a spouse visa under Appendix FM.

If someone has some informations about it it would be really appreciated.

Thank you
Anthony

secret.simon

Re: French PACS / Spouse visa

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:07 am

tonizo wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:27 pm
I would like us to get PACSed in the UK
Do you mean a civil partnership under UK law or do you mean that you want to be PACSed under French law, at the French Embassy or consulate in the UK?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

not_Lara
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by not_Lara » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:59 pm

Hello all,

I have EUSS pre-settled status as the durable partner of an EU citizen with settled status in the UK. We are planning on getting married next year (preferably PACS) but I have read that unless PACS is done in France, then it is not recognised as a civil partnership in the UK?

Is this correct?

I was also wondering if we become civil partners before I change from pre-settled to settled status, whether this would impact the evidence I need to give proving our relationship or would I be giving the same nature of evidence I gave for pre-settled status as a durable partner, despite our having become civil partners?

Thank you in advance

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:49 pm

not_Lara wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:59 pm
Hello all,

I have EUSS pre-settled status as the durable partner of an EU citizen with settled status in the UK. We are planning on getting married next year (preferably PACS) but I have read that unless PACS is done in France, then it is not recognised as a civil partnership in the UK?

Is this correct?

I was also wondering if we become civil partners before I change from pre-settled to settled status, whether this would impact the evidence I need to give proving our relationship or would I be giving the same nature of evidence I gave for pre-settled status as a durable partner, despite our having become civil partners?

Thank you in advance

Appendix FM-SE

See 26

“Evidence of Marriage or Civil Partnerships
22. A marriage in the United Kingdom must be evidenced by a valid marriage certificate recognised under the laws of England and Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland.
23. A divorce in the United Kingdom must be evidenced by a decree absolute from a civil court.
24. A civil partnership in the United Kingdom must be evidenced by a civil partnership certificate.
25. The dissolution of a civil partnership in the UK must be evidenced by a final order of civil partnership dissolution from a civil court.
26. Marriages, civil partnerships or evidence of divorce or dissolution from outside the UK must be evidenced by a reasonable equivalent to the evidence detailed in paragraphs 22 to 25, valid under the law in force in the relevant country.”
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.