ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Why some people prefer to attend UKVCAS appointment despite being invited to use IDV App?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tdanur
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Why some people prefer to attend UKVCAS appointment despite being invited to use IDV App?

Post by tdanur » Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:40 am

Hi All,

i've been watching the Naturalisation timeline thread for a while now, and i notice some people opted to book and attend a UKVCAS appointment despite they are invited to use the IDV App. Any reasons why in person appointment is better despite the fact that it's hard to find appointment slots?

I have submitted my naturalisation application and now i am waiting for UKVI to tell me if i can use IDV app. I have just attended a biometric appointment for my ILR last week which makes me sure that i will be offered to use IDV App... so, any clarity on the advantages and disadvantages of the app vs UKVCAS appointment would be a great help.

Thank you in advance!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Why some people prefer to attend UKVCAS appointment despite being invited to use IDV App?

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:07 pm

From what I know it's not a question of which option is "better".
Most EU citizens have to go for an appointment with UKVCAS because they were never required to give biometrics before, for others' their previous biometrics may no longer be in date. I'm sure others will comment from first hand experience.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

kaps84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Why some people prefer to attend UKVCAS appointment despite being invited to use IDV App?

Post by kaps84 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:49 pm

A couple of years ago, when this new IDV app was introduced for other visa categories (including ILR), there was a trend that people with Biometric appointment were receiving their approvals quicker than the others. It might be because IDV system was new and HO employees were not used to it. But I am not sure if that trend still continuous.
-- Kaps84