ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Original passport application based on naturalization

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

OneWorld2122
Ireland

Original passport application based on naturalization

Post by OneWorld2122 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:15 am

Hi ,
Please suggest, I'm confused and cant find the right answer
Is it required to provide original country passport when applying for first time Irish passport based on naturalization of 5 year Irish residency or could provide PPS etc for id proof ?

meself2
Ireland

Re: Original passport application based on naturalization

Post by meself2 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:49 pm

There is a table listing acceptable ID documents - https://www.irishimmigration.ie/wp-cont ... dency.xlsx
Click on the "Proof of identity" tab to see what you can use to reach amount of points needed.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

OneWorld2122
Ireland

Post by OneWorld2122 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:02 am

meself2 wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:49 pm
There is a table listing acceptable ID documents - https://www.irishimmigration.ie/wp-cont ... dency.xlsx
Click on the "Proof of identity" tab to see what you can use to reach amount of points needed.
List is for naturalization application, my question is for first time passport application based on naturalization!!!

baqa
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by baqa » Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:14 pm

It appears on the other thread that some people have been successful sending in the original citizenship certificate, a certified copy of their full passport (similar to the naturalization process - i.e. certified copies of every page) plus a certified copy of the PSC. I also sent a certified copy of my Irish drivers license, just in case :-). I'll update that thread if I get my passport this way, but there are a couple other people there who've confirmed this has been sufficient.