ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bringing 62 year old mum

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sailkot
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Bringing 62 year old mum

Post by Sailkot » Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:40 pm

Hello all.
This forum is great. It has helped me a lot.. in last few years.
My mum 62 year, widow. She came uk 4 times on visitor visa from 2002 to 2011.. left within limit.
After that case starting refusing for visitor visa...
In 2019, we made application for adult dependent visa, after father death, judge refused.. the case.. mainly saying, she is healthy and continue to live on our financial support from uk..
I and 2 other brothers, settled in UK, have own accommodations,
How can we bring our mum to uk, now, she is about 64 now.
4 grand daughters born in uk.. we are financially strong in UK, but we still cannot bring mum to uk to live with us..
Which visa category is best we can use to bring her to live with us?? In uk.
Many thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Bringing 62 year old mum

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:31 pm

Hello

The fact that you are settled in the UK or even holding a British citizenship doesn't open any immigration route for your mum.

The only option is the Adult Dependent Visa which your tried and failed 2 years ago.

That visa is the only option really but it's hard to obtain. If her conditions dramatically changed, you can see if it's possible to try it again, but honestly, if they refused 2 years ago, I don't see them accepting now.

Also, once that visa application fails, it's impossible to get a visitor visa in the future.

Sailkot
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Sailkot » Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:35 pm

Thank you,
Does that mean, we don't have even 25% chance if and when we make new application, with strong evidence for adult dependent visa??

Many thanks

( just came back from pakistain, it was very very emotional for me to leave my mum in PAkistain) alone, (

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:06 am

Probably less than 25% chance of success?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:39 am

Sailkot wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:35 pm
Thank you,
Does that mean, we don't have even 25% chance if and when we make new application, with strong evidence for adult dependent visa??

Many thanks

( just came back from pakistain, it was very very emotional for me to leave my mum in PAkistain) alone, (
The HO's view is that, you can go live with your mum in Pakistan. That's just putting it bluntly.

Even British citizens are told to go live with their spouse outside the UK.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!