ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusing after get Returning Resident Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

frey3381
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Confusing after get Returning Resident Visa

Post by frey3381 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:57 am

I have recently applied Returning Resident Visa because I have left UK for more than 2 years after get ILR

So the visa was granted but i got confused with the letter as it says

This letter explains that when you arrive in the UK you will have permission to be in the UK (known
as Leave to Enter) as RETURNING RESIDENT from 13 Aug 2022 to 31 Aug 2027.

What this means for you
When you collect your passport/travel document it will contain a visa, which you will use to travel to
the UK. The visa is valid for 90 days and you should travel before the visa expiry date.
What you must do after arrival in the UK

After you arrive in the UK you should collect your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP). This is the
evidence of your permission to stay in the UK and you will need to use it to prove your right to
work, rent a home and to access public funds and to travel from the UK.

So what is going to happen with my current ILR status? Is it being replaced with a RETURNING RESIDENT VISA instead?

Also my BRP card for ILR is going to expire soon, can i still replace this BRP card for ILR?

I am confused with what is the next step after return to the UK, very appreciate for anyone who can help to clarify.

vinny

Re: Confusing after get Returning Resident Visa

Post by vinny » Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:39 am

If you were absent from the UK for more than two years, then your ILR lapsed. Then your existing ILR BRP is no longer valid. Then you require a returning resident visa to return to the UK. As the letter says, after arrival, you may collect a new ILR BRP. But it may be digital.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Confusing after get Returning Resident Visa

Post by manci » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:10 am

vinny wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:39 am
after arrival, you may collect a new ILR BRP. But it may be digital.
The BRP regime is changing. Don't worry if the new BRP you will be collecting after arrival in the UK has an expiry date of 31/12/2024, you still have ILR.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice