ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extension with residency in EU country

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Catty
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse visa extension with residency in EU country

Post by Catty » Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:28 pm

Hello all,

My partner is currently applying for his spouse visa extension FLR(M). In 2021 he was awarded a research fellowship in Germany, which has seen him travel between the UK and Germany frequently over the last year as he was given residency there for a period of two or so years, there is a visa indicating this in passport. There is a section on the application form that asks for places the applicant has lived prior to this application. Does anyone know if this should be noted in the application form here? Though he has the residence he is still primarily based in the UK, and doesn't spend more than a month in Germany at a time. The plan to settle in the UK remains, and the fellowship concludes next year.

Additionally, though I know there are no absence limits on the spouse visa I wonder how this could affect the application?

many thanks in advance

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Spouse visa extension with residency in EU country

Post by manci » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:36 pm

Catty wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:28 pm
My partner is currently applying for his spouse visa extension FLR(M).
Note that when he applies both of you must be in the UK and after the application has been submitted and before a decision is made on it on it he should not leave the UK otherwise the application will be treated as withdrawn..
Catty wrote:
application form that asks for places the applicant has lived prior to this application. Does anyone know if this should be noted in the application form here?
If he continues to be based in the UK and only travels to Germany for work from time to time there is no need to declare it.
Catty wrote:
Additionally, though I know there are no absence limits on the spouse visa I wonder how this could affect the application?
It won't but it may affect a future application for settlement
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

Catty
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa extension with residency in EU country

Post by Catty » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:53 am

Thanks for the response Manci, then we'll probably only mention it in the section that asks about time out of the country.