ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Lind
Israel

Spouse visa extension

Post by Lind » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:34 pm

Hey, I hope you are all well.

My spouse visa is about to expire in 2 months, so I’ve just started filling out the application and have 2 questions. I would appreciate it if someone could help me with these:

1. “Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with your current partner (including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)?

I applied 2 and a half years ago for a spouse visa which was approved. We are now applying for an extension. Is the answer yes or no? this is our first extension (we never applied for an extension that was rejected for example). I’m confused.

2. My husband (British citizens) and I have a child together. There is a question on the form that asks if I have any children under 18 years, I chose yes, and after a few more question regarding our kid, there was a really confusing question that made me wonder if I previously clicked on the wrong answer that triggered this questions:

'Provide details of the role you take in (Child's name) upbringing, including details of your parental responsibility or access arrangements'?

Am I wrong? Or is this a relevant question? What should I answer? My husband and I live and raise our child together..

Thanks in advance!!!

Archer1
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Spouse visa extension

Post by Archer1 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:49 am

Lind wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:34 pm
Hey, I hope you are all well.

My spouse visa is about to expire in 2 months, so I’ve just started filling out the application and have 2 questions. I would appreciate it if someone could help me with these:

1. “Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with your current partner (including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)?

I applied 2 and a half years ago for a spouse visa which was approved. We are now applying for an extension. Is the answer yes or no? this is our first extension (we never applied for an extension that was rejected for example). I’m confused.
If its your first extension than its first.
2. My husband (British citizens) and I have a child together. There is a question on the form that asks if I have any children under 18 years, I chose yes, and after a few more question regarding our kid, there was a really confusing question that made me wonder if I previously clicked on the wrong answer that triggered this questions:

'Provide details of the role you take in (Child's name) upbringing, including details of your parental responsibility or access arrangements'?

Am I wrong? Or is this a relevant question? What should I answer? My husband and I live and raise our child together..
You are right, just give some details of parental responsibilities.
Thanks in advance!!!
__A