ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport application sent documents to wrong address

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

catchhster

British passport application sent documents to wrong address

Post by catchhster » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:38 pm

Hi i applied for british passport and in the last page it asked me to send the documents but no details of wher to send. I wanted to send the document same day and i called the hm passport help line asking foe where to send they advised me to send it to HM passport office in southport and i posted the documents. After the identity check i received an email saying I need to send it to hm passport office in bootle. So i am not sure what to do now. any ideas please?
Sivakumar

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: British passport application sent documents to wrong address

Post by Ticktack » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:06 am

catchhster wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:38 pm
Hi i applied for british passport and in the last page it asked me to send the documents but no details of wher to send. I wanted to send the document same day and i called the hm passport help line asking foe where to send they advised me to send it to HM passport office in southport and i posted the documents. After the identity check i received an email saying I need to send it to hm passport office in bootle. So i am not sure what to do now. any ideas please?
You were a bit too hasty. Only when you've been identified by your referee, are you then told what HMPO you've been assigned to.

You'll eventually get your passport printed and documents back, but you've also probably just made it longer and harder.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

catchhster

Post by catchhster » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:01 am

hi yes should have waited. called hmpo they said it shouldn't be an issue as i put the reference no on the envelop. Not sure if it makes is longer they did not say anything. I will call them again in a week to check if they received it
Sivakumar

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:41 pm

catchhster wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:01 am
hi yes should have waited. called hmpo they said it shouldn't be an issue as i put the reference no on the envelop. Not sure if it makes is longer they did not say anything. I will call them again in a week to check if they received it
You will be sent an email when documents are received. You can also track your progress here:

https://www.passport.service.gov.uk/track/

Now, the above might or might not work for you since you didn't send your documents to the address specified, but... that also might not be an issue. Who knows, it might all just be a system allocated at random with any passport office having access to any application. My partner and I were each instructed to send our documents to different passport offices even when we live at the same address.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.