ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Temporary Accommodation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mindless-copy-27
inactive
United Kingdom

Temporary Accommodation

Post by mindless-copy-27 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:59 am

Hello, I'm a British citizen and my husband will be joining me in the UK this year. I may be starting a PHD in Manchester this September. I'll have a term time address in Manchester with a few friends. The house has 6 bedrooms and it's more than enough to accommodate us two as well. However we would like to move in a separate house when his visa comes through, so we were wondering if as a "temporary accomodation" we could provide my parent's address in Wales. It would be true, as I think it'd take us only a couple of weeks to find our own flat in Manchester.
The reason why I'm reluctant to show my house that I'll be sharing is because it'd require letters etc. and not as straightforward to prove we won't be overcrowding. My parents' house in Wales is owned by them so it'd be easier for us to initially show that one.
I'm worried that studying in Manchester and showing accommodation in Wales would be considered dodgy.

mindless-copy-27
inactive
United Kingdom

Re: Temporary Accommodation

Post by mindless-copy-27 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:14 am

We decided not to do this guys, sorry for the reduntant post. I'll rent a flat soon if I get accepted to PHD when I apply. Thanks