ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Received citizenship ceremony invitation email from council but not from Home Office

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lolikroli
Newly Registered
Greece

Received citizenship ceremony invitation email from council but not from Home Office

Post by lolikroli » Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:08 am

Hey guys,

On 11.08 I received email from council saying they received my certificate and invite me to book my ceremony. However I hove not received any emails from Home Office. I understand there should be two of them, one confirmation and one invitation to book the ceremony? It seems like I won't be able to book my ceremony until I get Home Office email as I have to bring it with me to the ceremony, even though they already have my certificate. Has anyone been in the same situation and can anyone advice how to contact and chase Home Office regarding this issue?

Ren33R
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Received citizenship ceremony invitation email from council but not from Home Office

Post by Ren33R » Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:49 am

lolikroli wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:08 am
Hey guys,

On 11.08 I received email from council saying they received my certificate and invite me to book my ceremony. However I hove not received any emails from Home Office. I understand there should be two of them, one confirmation and one invitation to book the ceremony? It seems like I won't be able to book my ceremony until I get Home Office email as I have to bring it with me to the ceremony, even though they already have my certificate. Has anyone been in the same situation and can anyone advice how to contact and chase Home Office regarding this issue?

I received my ceremony invitation from the council first and the home office approval the following Monday. You may get yours on Monday too or sometime next week. If not you could always try emailing FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk. Hope that helps.

zzzindagi

Re: Received citizenship ceremony invitation email from council but not from Home Office

Post by zzzindagi » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:19 pm

I am in the same situation.
Receive invitation from Council yesterday on 13th.
I have yet to receive approval from Home office which is required to provide before Ceremony.
I hope I receive it next week.
ZR

lolikroli
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by lolikroli » Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:48 am

Ren33R wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:49 am
lolikroli wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:08 am
Hey guys,

I received my ceremony invitation from the council first and the home office approval the following Monday. You may get yours on Monday too or sometime next week. If not you could always try emailing FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk. Hope that helps.

Thanks for your reply. As you suggested I received Home Office email today.