ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee Mistake

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gk777
United Kingdom

Naturalisation - HMRC Late Filing Penalty

Post by gk777 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:06 pm

Hi - Do we need to declare HMRC late filing penalty in the naturalisation application? The penalty was issued this year but has been cancelled by HMRC as I submitted an appeal.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalisation - HMRC Late Filing Penalty

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:38 pm

gk777 wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:06 pm
Hi - Do we need to declare HMRC late filing penalty in the naturalisation application? The penalty was issued this year but has been cancelled by HMRC as I submitted an appeal.
If it's been cancelled then no need to declare.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

gk777
United Kingdom

Post by gk777 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:42 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:38 pm
gk777 wrote:
Otherwise usually if not cancelled, then does it need to be declared?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:48 pm

gk777 wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:42 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:38 pm
gk777 wrote:
Otherwise usually if not cancelled, then does it need to be declared?
Sorry needed to be more precise - if you have complied with your obligations post-fine, as agreed with HMRC, i.e. did your submission, paid fine and taxes as agreed, payment plan adhered to, etc. Where issues may arise is when HMRC actually take you to court, that's serious of course. Being fined by HMRC these days is a common occurance, and most tax payers will do the necessary to get back in line.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

gk777
United Kingdom

Naturalisation Application - Bus lane PNCs and Parking Charges

Post by gk777 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:14 pm

Hi

Do we need to declare bus lane traffic penalty charge notices and parking fine in the naturalisation application?

Thanks
G

gk777
United Kingdom

Referee Mistake

Post by gk777 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:46 am

Hi - I submitted the naturalisation application last night but late realised that the I entered Referee 2 details in referee 1 section and vice versa. Thus, by mistake swapped the referees in the form.

Referee 2 should be a personal associated with a professional body - the person was a solicitor in my case, the details of which I entered in the referee 1 section instead

My other referee is just a consultant as well but might not be from the professional list specified by Ukvi. This details of this were instead added on referee 2 section

Is this something we need to clarify in the cover letter or can be ignored and UKVI wouldn't care as one of the referee is anyways solicitor. Please advise.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Referee Mistake

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:48 am

gk777 wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:46 am
Hi - I submitted the naturalisation application last night but late realised that the I entered Referee 2 details in referee 1 section and vice versa. Thus, by mistake swapped the referees in the form.

Referee 2 should be a personal associated with a professional body - the person was a solicitor in my case, the details of which I entered in the referee 1 section instead

My other referee is just a consultant as well but might not be from the professional list specified by Ukvi. This details of this were instead added on referee 2 section

Is this something we need to clarify in the cover letter or can be ignored and UKVI wouldn't care as one of the referee is anyways solicitor. Please advise.
It doesn't matter!

Please also keep all your queries on the same application in one topic, this one, merged now.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.