ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisaton application - forgotten trips in ILR - to include?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nelfi781
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Naturalisaton application - forgotten trips in ILR - to include?

Post by nelfi781 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:27 pm

Hi all

I applied for ILR and received it in August 2021, so can apply for naturalisation this week. I am preparing the application and doing the 5 year travel history. I've realised there are two very short trips at the end of 2017 that I completely forgot and left off the application for ILR.

ILR was all approved and I have only just realised when working through the travel history for naturalisation.

I presume I should include these two trips on the naturalisation application now that I have realised? Is there any automation and cross referencing between the previous application and might this discrepancy have any impact on my naturalisation application?

Thanks so much.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisaton application - forgotten trips in ILR - to include?

Post by Ticktack » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:59 pm

nelfi781 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:27 pm
Hi all

I applied for ILR and received it in August 2021, so can apply for naturalisation this week. I am preparing the application and doing the 5 year travel history. I've realised there are two very short trips at the end of 2017 that I completely forgot and left off the application for ILR.

ILR was all approved and I have only just realised when working through the travel history for naturalisation.

I presume I should include these two trips on the naturalisation application now that I have realised? Is there any automation and cross referencing between the previous application and might this discrepancy have any impact on my naturalisation application?

Thanks so much.
No worries, just carry on as per usual. Declare them now that it has come to light. People forget minor details sometimes.

Go and sin no more! :lol:
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

nelfi781
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Naturalisaton application - residence requirement when passport is less than 5 years old?

Post by nelfi781 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:12 pm

Hello!

I'm applying for naturalisation this week, I received ILR in August 2021.

I need to provide proof of residence in the UK for 5 years and I am a non EEA national. This is usually met by providing a passport with the relevant stamps showing entry/leaving.

However, my current passport was granted in March 2018 (7 months less than 5 years ago) so doesn't cover this whole period. Should I also supply my old (expired) passport to illustrate this?

The guidance does say you should provide "passports" to illustrate this, but the application itself says this must be met by "your passport" and if "you do not have your passport or it was not stamped when you entered the UK" that you should provide other supporting documents instead.

Any clarification welcome - thank you

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisaton application - residence requirement when passport is less than 5 years old?

Post by Ticktack » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:17 pm

nelfi781 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:12 pm
Hello!

I'm applying for naturalisation this week, I received ILR in August 2021.

I need to provide proof of residence in the UK for 5 years and I am a non EEA national. This is usually met by providing a passport with the relevant stamps showing entry/leaving.

However, my current passport was granted in March 2018 (7 months less than 5 years ago) so doesn't cover this whole period. Should I also supply my old (expired) passport to illustrate this?

The guidance does say you should provide "passports" to illustrate this, but the application itself says this must be met by "your passport" and if "you do not have your passport or it was not stamped when you entered the UK" that you should provide other supporting documents instead.

Any clarification welcome - thank you
Oh yes. Your old passport has to come into play. It helps fill in the gap. When scanning and uploading them, name one old passport 20XX and New passport 20XX. It helps to easily differentiate what is what.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

nelfi781
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Re: Naturalisaton application - residence requirement when passport is less than 5 years old?

Post by nelfi781 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:49 am

Thanks so much for your quick response, I really appreciate it:)

nelfi781
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Re: Naturalisaton application - forgotten trips in ILR - to include?

Post by nelfi781 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:50 am

And thanks also for your help on this one! It makes sense that some might get missed off accidentally, glad to hear it's unlikely to be used to penalise us!