ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 Sponser Licence - Time frame

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Tier2 Sponser Licence - Time frame

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:28 pm

Hello Seniors..

Can anybody let me know:

What is the time frame for a Employer to get his Sponser Licence from the date they apply?

I am struggling to push my company to apply for the licence asap so that i can apply for my tier 2 - WP extension before it it too late..

any info would be highly appreciated..

fingers crossed

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:03 pm

Tier 2 licence should be with an employer in a six week time frame BUT that assumes the following:
All the correct paperwork is submitted with the application and the correct payment is made.
The pre licence visit from UKBA is completed quickly, employer delays are very common and that can slow the visit being undertaken by weeks.
The employer is deemed suitable to hold a licence and it gets issued by Sheffield.

The other question - do you meet the new rules under tier 2? If not it is a pointless exercise for the employer to get a licence.

I know of some employers who are not applying for a PBS licence so they can get rid of the WP staff. Times are hard for some company's so it is a nice way of shedding staff. No redundancy payment required either as technically you make yourself unemployed as you do not have a right to work!

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:39 am

Thank you Frontier:

Thanks for the inputs.. very imp points mentioned here..

Noted them..

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:36 pm

Frontier:

Can you also provide with info..

After getting the Sponser Licence and than Certificate of sponsership from the Employer..

how much time do you think it may take for the renewal of my existing WP?

I can stay in UK till 2nd April 09;

Will it be Ok to apply for Tier1 if the employer is playing the delay game? just 1month before expiry as i have 85points in PBS

sorry for too many questions..

thanks a ton!!

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:14 pm

The safest route will always be tier 1 general - if you qualify go down that route. There is no need for your employer to have a PBS licence for tier 1 employees.

In country tier 2 from WP employee convertion - sorry have not seen any as yet bit early in the new system. Can not even give you a guess. I would hope it is a couple of weeks at most.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:21 pm

Dear Frontier:

Thanks for your advice and suggestion..

i also wanted to see how seriously/willingly my employer will apply for the sponser licence.. if nothing positively positive happens by new year.. i will think of going the tier1 general way... there are few elements inthe company who are holding my career saying cost reduction.. such is life...

Is it true that if i have tier1 visa, i can still work for my employer as a permanent employee??

thanks for your valuable inputs...

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:42 am

Tier 1 general lets you work for anyone and everyone. It gives you the same access to the UK job market as if you were a UK or EEA cit.

There are no restrictions to the tier 1 role, you can be a perm employee, a consultant or a self employed , part time, full time any time. As above you have the as close as it gets to the working status of an EEA cit.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:10 pm

Frontier:

Thanks for your quick, prompt and very encouraging message and information..

i think i better go through Tier1 guidance, forum.. study and prepare to apply..

Thanks a ton again...

maniatindia
Newly Registered

Shortage occupation list

Post by maniatindia » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:49 am

Hi
I am a IT Professional, how for the "shortage occupation list" in the home office site will affect work permit. even my employer has license.

IT jobs is not listed in shortage occupation list,

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:21 am

Do not worry you are fine. Existing WP holders have transitional arrangements that let you stay on. All that is required is that your existing WP type is one on the list that leads to tier 2 conversion.

See link
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... hechanges/

Before your WP expires all your employer has to do is place you onto a tier 2 license, you do not need to reapply as a "new" person. The employer will issue you with the virtual licence number and you do an in country further leave to remain application in the same way as you would have done if the WP had carried on.

What I am not sure about is how early you can apply for the FLR - I think it is a month before the expiry of the existing WP visa - let me check and I will get back to you. It might even be in the link above :roll:

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Tier2 Sponser Licence - Time frame

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:54 pm

Hello Guys...

Just want to let you know that our company got the sponser License..

this message is to give the time frame it took for this SL process...

Our company received the SL in 3weeks from the day we applied..

Good luck to the rest of the WP employees applied for SL in this new system...

cheers
tvn_ramesh wrote:Hello Seniors..

Can anybody let me know:

What is the time frame for a Employer to get his Sponser Licence from the date they apply?

I am struggling to push my company to apply for the licence asap so that i can apply for my tier 2 - WP extension before it it too late..

any info would be highly appreciated..

fingers crossed

luckie
Newly Registered

Post by luckie » Thu May 28, 2009 10:57 pm

hi,
has anyone got latest time frames from employers about how long the process to get a license takes ?
Thx

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Fri May 29, 2009 1:40 pm

Luckie - it's back up to 6 weeks or more. They are visiting almost all potential sponsors now.

luckie
Newly Registered

Post by luckie » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:01 pm

@ The Station Agent

Thanks..I am just worried as my employer applied on May and still haven't heard from Home office...

is the employer visit a must by home office or do they randomly decide to visit ?

Luckie !

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:05 pm

luckie wrote:@ The Station Agent

Thanks..I am just worried as my employer applied on May and still haven't heard from Home office...

is the employer visit a must by home office or do they randomly decide to visit ?

Luckie !
They are visiting almost all employers to make it fool proof
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

lyen12
Newly Registered

No news on cert of sponsorship

Post by lyen12 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:08 pm

luckie wrote:@ The Station Agent

Luckie !

Hi Luckie,

Can you keep me updated on ur CoS application? My husband's company applied for CoS on 1st May. Until now, still no news from Border Agency. It has been 8 weeks. Getting a bit worried as his PSW expires on 26th Aug.