ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PCN for Bus Lane Dirving

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Family Application

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:59 pm

Dear all

We, that is my wife, daughter (16 year old) and I have ILR for more than 3 years now. I am planning to apply for naturalisation soon for 3 of us.

Hope you can help with this question: can we apply as a family i.e. is there a concept of family application in case of naturalisation just like ILR in which I fill online application as main applicant, and add my wife and daughter to the same application? Or there needs to be different applications, particularly for my daughter? Does my daughter need to fill a separate registration form?

Regards
Rahul

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Re: Family Application

Post by Shah1698 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:00 pm

You can add your family to your main application. For your daughter, it will be an MN1 form and automatically added when you add a child to your application.
Shah

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Re: Family Application

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:45 am

Thanks Shah. Appreciate your support.

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

English language requirement

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:56 am

Hello

Although my wife and I hold degrees from India, we took B1 speaking and listening certificate from an approved centre in 2018 to avoid NAIRC route and to meet the requirement for English language for ILR application in January 2019.

Question: can we re-use that same B1 certificate for naturalisation application? Or, we need to re-sit the B1 certificate exam? And, also should we select NO for questions related to degrees in online application e.g. Do you have a degree that was taught in English?

Regards
Rahul

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Re: English language requirement

Post by Shah1698 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:03 am

You can reuse the same test result for your naturalisation application and select “No” for that question
Shah

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Re: English language requirement

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:08 am

Thanks Shah. Appreciate your quick reply and support.

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

PCN for Bus Lane Dirving

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:23 am

Hi

I got a PCN for driving in bus lane within last 12 months. Paid within 14 days of receiving the notice.

Do I need to declare this on naturalisation application? If so, which section of the online application?

Regards
Rahul

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PCN for Bus Lane Dirving

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:36 pm

1. Topics merged

2. It is not necessary to start a new topic with each question you have.

3. Please also desist from tagging your questions onto other members topics, it is considered rude and unfair to other members.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:29 am

Thanks for merging my topics. Will avoid creating new topics.

Meanwhile, if you can please help with the question concerning PCN?

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Employment details

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:11 pm

The online application for naturalisation is giving option to add just one employment. I started working for the current employer in Oct 2020, whereas I have been working in UK since Jan 2014. How do I add details for employment prior to Oct 2020? Also, do I need to provide details of employment outside UK to cover 10 years of employment ie before Jan 2014?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:24 am

Employment history for up to 10 years is no longer required, following changes implemented on 28 June 2022 - if it's not asked for you don't have to provide it.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:31 am

Thanks for your reply. Very helpful.

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Reference number for previous immigration applications

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:11 pm

Hi

Can we use unique application number as reference number while providing details for previous immigration applications, something like this: Unique Application Number: xxx-xxx-xxx?

I have one unique applications number for each of these: ILR and renewal of T2 general for for all the applicants as we applied together each time. Is it good enough to use that same number in UK naturalisation applications for each of the applicants now?

Also, when we applied for T2 general visa for the first time, each of us got some number starting with GW, but different ones for each of us. Can we use this GW...... numbers as reference number for this instance of immigration application?

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:13 pm

Dear moderators

A reply to reference number question will be very helpful

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:58 pm

rahuldwh2000 wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:13 pm
Dear moderators

A reply to reference number question will be very helpful
I believe any or all of these reference numbers can be used - some of the responses are "if known".
It's not an issue.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Questions for a family application

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:42 pm

I have started filling in the online application for naturalisation. After adding details for self, when I started adding details for my wife, it says:

Is this because they are not able to complete the application themselves? Eg mental health, learning difficulties etc

I am adding her details because we want to apply together from one account. What should I choose for the above question: Yes or No?

Few steps further, unlike the form in my case as the first applicant asked me to add passport details first, and then if I had an identity card to which I said no, the form for my wife directly asks for an identity document eg passport, travel document etc, and not the passport? Are we on right path?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:02 am

rahuldwh2000 wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:42 pm
I have started filling in the online application for naturalisation. After adding details for self, when I started adding details for my wife, it says:

Is this because they are not able to complete the application themselves? Eg mental health, learning difficulties etcIt's just a normal question, answer.

I am adding her details because we want to apply together from one account. What should I choose for the above question: Yes or No?

Few steps further, unlike the form in my case as the first applicant asked me to add passport details first, and then if I had an identity card to which I said no, the form for my wife directly asks for an identity document eg passport, travel document etc, and not the passport? Are we on right path? Asking for passport details is normal.
Firstly, there is only one form for Naturalisation, so you can't get it wrong.

Secondly, the form is adaptive. Meaning that you response here would determine the next questions there.

I'm not sure anyone here can give you an answer to all the parameters that you think the form would generate if you decide to choose various options.

However, the words are plain enough and not trick questions. Answer truthfully.

Highlighted above!

Your spouse's form might not exactly replicate yours, as it knows that some details would already be the same.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Neighbour as referee

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:27 pm

Hi, just wanted to check if my next door neighbour can be a referee for the UK naturalisation application? I am planning to have this person as a referee who has British passport and is above 25 years of age.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Neighbour as referee

Post by Ticktack » Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:10 pm

rahuldwh2000 wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:27 pm
Hi, just wanted to check if my next door neighbour can be a referee for the UK naturalisation application? I am planning to have this person as a referee who has British passport and is above 25 years of age.
Provided he/she isn't related to you. Even your flatmate can be your referee (just saying)!

So neighbour is fine.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Date of application for naturalisation

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:54 pm

I have submitted online application today for naturalisation, 8th September including the payment. Upon submission, I received an email from UKVCAS that UKVI will access my application whether I can use UKVCAS IDV app or book an appointment with UKVCAS service centre. They will revert in 7-10 days with a decision. If I would be asked use the IDV app, I would be submitting documents and providing identity using the app. This option will re-use previously used biometrics. Else, will continue using UKVCAS online service/booking appointment.

I went away from UK on the 13th September and returned on 14th September 2017. Today being 8th September, I thought it was safe to submit the online application (meeting the requirement for 5 years when I should have been in the UK). I had also thought to submit the documents online today itself. But I cannot do that now as UKVCAS has asked me to wait to hear from them/UKVI.

My question: will today, 8th September be considered as application submission date (which the downloaded copy of the application is showing as Date of Application), or it will be date when I submit supporting documents using IDV?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:13 pm

The key date is the day you submit and pay - the date of upload or give biometrics is not relevant - so there's no issue.

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Date of application for naturalisation

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:26 pm

Thanks alterhase58 for your reply. Very helpful.

Also, I was not fully away on 13th and 14th September. I left UK on the 13th, and returned on the 14th. So, just like to count number of absences for which they consider only whole days away from the UK, do they take the same approach for this 5 year requirement?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:37 pm

From what I read that might actually be a problem because the day you apply you should have been in the UK for the whole day, so not travelling. I can't find the source now, but best to avoid days you were travelling or away 5 years prior (which you have done). Good luck!
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Date of application for naturalisation

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:44 pm

rahuldwh2000 wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:26 pm
Thanks alterhase58 for your reply. Very helpful.

Also, I was not fully away on 13th and 14th September. I left UK on the 13th, and returned on the 14th. So, just like to count number of absences for which they consider only whole days away from the UK, do they take the same approach for this 5 year requirement?
I don't think there's an issue - the approach is the same whether 3 or 5 years route.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:44 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:37 pm
From what I read that might actually be a problem because the day you apply you should have been in the UK for the whole day, so not travelling. I can't find the source now, but best to avoid days you were travelling or away 5 years prior (which you have done). Good luck!
OP submitted on the 8th so no problem.