ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding minimum balance stmt from ICICI

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

niranhopper
Newly Registered

Regarding minimum balance stmt from ICICI

Post by niranhopper » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:04 pm

Hi,

i am applying for Tier 1 VISA next week and when i checked with my bank(ICICI), they told me that they do not issue minimum balance certificates over a period. They would provide an account statement for the 3 month period which i can use as proof.

For salary proof, i am anyway submitting 12 month account statements which covers the 3 month minimum balance maintanence period. My question is can i used the account statements as proof for both salary and minimum balance? has anyone been successful applying this way?

Is there any other way that i can obtain the minimum balance statement from ICICI?

thanks...

republique
BANNED

Re: Regarding minimum balance stmt from ICICI

Post by republique » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:33 pm

niranhopper wrote:Hi,

i am applying for Tier 1 VISA next week and when i checked with my bank(ICICI), they told me that they do not issue minimum balance certificates over a period. They would provide an account statement for the 3 month period which i can use as proof.

For salary proof, i am anyway submitting 12 month account statements which covers the 3 month minimum balance maintanence period. My question is can i used the account statements as proof for both salary and minimum balance? has anyone been successful applying this way?

Is there any other way that i can obtain the minimum balance statement from ICICI?

thanks...
what is wrong with the bank statement?

niranhopper
Newly Registered

Post by niranhopper » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:20 am

Hi,

The account statements are dot matrix printouts taken at the branch.

can i use the same statements for both pay slip and minimum balance proof? Has anyone had problems with account statements from ICICI bank?

Asif786

Post by Asif786 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:24 am

ICICI bank does provide the letter. I have got it twice from them. Just go talk to the manager straight without hesitation. Just demand...Thats how it works.

Dont ever proceed without sufficient documentation. You would be suprised, i saw that they gave me statement on their letter head as their computer stationery did not have the logo.

Just get it.

R053992

dont take no for an answer

Post by R053992 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:29 pm

Hi,

It is certainly not easy to get bank docs as per the visa requirements but I had to get them since my application was rejected last month due to improper docs from bank.

Today on my third visit to the bank I had to raise my voice at the guy at the HDFC bank counter, create a scene and explain my situation to some other customers/bystanders only then could I get the docs to my satisfaction. The dot matrix printout was very faint to start with and the bank official was not ready to stamp all pages. Letter for minimum balance was printed on form stationary(with perforations on the edges) and not on letterhead. After creating a scene I got to speak to the manager who gave me a patient hearing and got the printer ribbon changed and also printed the letter on official letterhead. The guy at the counter apologised too.

So please dont accept anything less than what the visa people ask for.
I am sure ICICI can give you the letter, it will take some pleading, polite convincing and if everything else fails then do what I did. Show some frustration, get the attention of other bank customers, tell lies that your application was rejected as you could not obtain these documents last time round, only then will these bank officials listen to you.

All the best!

Sid

jacob79
Newly Registered

Post by jacob79 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:49 pm

Hi Niran Hopper
It is possible to get letters from ICICI bank. I have got them.If they dont have a format you give a drafted letter saying your dates

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:49 am

The account statements are dot matrix printouts taken at the branch.

"The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:
your name;
the account number;
the date of the statement;
the financial institution's name and logo;
transactions covering the three-month period;
that there is enough funds present in the account; and
that there has been enough money present in the account for the past three months.
If you wish to send electronic bank statements from an online account these must contain all of the details listed above. In addition, you will need to send a supporting letter from your bank, on company headed paper, confirming the authenticity of the statements sent."

So a letter from the bank is required only if you are submitting an online statement

can i use the same statements for both pay slip and minimum balance proof?
Yes

suds19

Post by suds19 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:42 pm

Hi all,

Please correct if I'm wrong about signed & stamped online bank statement should be okay for Maintenance fund. On don't need to produce any separate letter from bank.

The tiergeneralguidance 204 (i) clearly states - "Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. This stamp should appear on every page of the statement.".

Please comment.

Sudhanshu

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:57 pm

suds19 wrote:Hi all,

Please correct if I'm wrong about signed & stamped online bank statement should be okay for Maintenance fund. On don't need to produce any separate letter from bank.

The tiergeneralguidance 204 (i) clearly states - "Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. This stamp should appear on every page of the statement.".

Please comment.

Sudhanshu
**multiple posts**