ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa Decision massively delayed

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AbhinavCh9
Newly Registered
India

Dependent Visa Decision massively delayed

Post by AbhinavCh9 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:54 pm

Hello!
Please let me know if this is not the correct forum for this kind of post.
I had applied for the renewal of my Skilled worker Visa this year in April end and my spouse, who had been on a dependent visa since last year had applied for the renewal in line with mine, 2 weeks after my application was submitted, in mid-May. The time lag was due to having to get a UKVCAS appointment for biometrics. My visa was approved within 3 weeks from applicaiton, however my partners application has still not recieved a decision. It has now been over 3 months since the application was made and over 2 months since the previous visa has expired. As I understand, the immigration status remains unchanged till a decision is recieved as long as the application was made before the previous visa expires. But there seems to be no information available by the Home Office addressing this extended period of delay for the dependents applicaiton even though the main application was processed in a timely fashion. Both applications were made from within the UK. This is turning into a bit of a hassle now as my spouse is having trouble finding employment due to the uncertain immigration status.
Has anybody gone through a similar situation recently? Or has any information at all about this situation or what can be done to check the status of the apllication or get an estimate about the timelines?
Any advice or information would be highly appreciated please!
Thank you.

Salvi
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Dependent Visa Decision massively delayed

Post by Salvi » Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:33 pm

Somewhat similar issue here. I received my ILR in 2021, and my spouse's dependent visa expired on 1 July 2022. On 23rd may 2022, I applied for my spouse's visa extension, and the biometrics were done via the UKVI app. I received an email on 23rd May 2022 itself that UKVI had received the evidence I had uploaded, and will update me with decision.

Its now been 3 months without any word. I have been checking spam folder as well but there has been absolutely nothing so far, and my wife and I had plans to travel which we can't do now.

Frustrating thing is there is absolutely no way to get in touch with anyone in UKVI. No email address. Phone number leads to this automated recording which basically just says that I need to wait and they apologise for not adhering to the service level agreement timelines.

I am now beginning to wonder if there is something wrong in the application? surely it cant have been this complicated. Any help / suggestions here would be greatly appreciated!

Salvi
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Salvi » Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:33 pm

Somewhat similar issue here. I received my ILR in 2021, and my spouse's dependent visa expired on 1 July 2022. On 23rd may 2022, I applied for my spouse's visa extension, and the biometrics were done via the UKVI app. I received an email on 23rd May 2022 itself that UKVI had received the evidence I had uploaded, and will update me with decision.

Its now been 3 months without any word. I have been checking spam folder as well but there has been absolutely nothing so far, and my wife and I had plans to travel which we can't do now.

Frustrating thing is there is absolutely no way to get in touch with anyone in UKVI. No email address. Phone number leads to this automated recording which basically just says that I need to wait and they apologise for not adhering to the service level agreement timelines.

I am now beginning to wonder if there is something wrong in the application? surely it cant have been this complicated. Any help / suggestions here would be greatly appreciated!

AbhinavCh9
Newly Registered
India

Post by AbhinavCh9 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:58 pm

Salvi wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:33 pm

It is very frustrating indeed as we had travel plans as well which had to be post-poned indefinitely now. We had recieved confimation from UKVCAS for the documents/biometrics being successfully submitted and the IHS payment confirmation. We are now wondering the same thing, but given that we had previously made the same applicaiton outside the UK sucessfully, with pretty much the same information, we would have thought the renewal/extension would be more straightforward. Would anyone reckon that an immigration lawyer would be able to help with getting an update or pushing through an application that has already been submitted?

Salvi
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Salvi » Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:59 pm

Doubt immigration lawyers can help. But I am contemplating contacting my local MP...

AbhinavCh9
Newly Registered
India

Post by AbhinavCh9 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:07 pm

Yes, that seems to be the only other option that is there. We will try to look into that as well. Do share your progress if possible! Thank you!

Salvi
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Salvi » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:19 am

Will do; you please post an update here too in case you see any movement on your application. Best of luck!

AbhinavCh9
Newly Registered
India

Post by AbhinavCh9 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:48 pm

update:

Visa and BRP came through 2 weeks ago. Over 4 months after completing appliaction.
Hope it worked out for you as well.

ub1994
United Kingdom

Post by ub1994 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:07 am

AbhinavCh9 wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:48 pm
update:

Visa and BRP came through 2 weeks ago. Over 4 months after completing appliaction.
Hope it worked out for you as well.
Congrats! I am still waiting for an outcome on my daughters PBS dependant child visa. Applied in June.
Did you contact your MP in the end?

Blanco567
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Blanco567 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:32 pm

Hi I appiled on 21.5.2022 PBS child dependent visa still no update. Please let me know if someone received BRP?

travelagain1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by travelagain1 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:43 pm

We have written to the MP and received an automated response that they have 1000s of emails per day and that they will eventually get to ours :|
Phone number of MP does not get us to anyone either.
17 weeks and still waiting... All that can be done at this point is pray

nsr165
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by nsr165 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:18 pm

travelagain1 wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:43 pm
We have written to the MP and received an automated response that they have 1000s of emails per day and that they will eventually get to ours :|
Phone number of MP does not get us to anyone either.
17 weeks and still waiting... All that can be done at this point is pray
Have you tried leaving a message on the MP's office line? I left a message and received a call on the same day. In all honesty, an MP has very limited recourse intervening with UKVI's processing timelines. This is made worse by the fact that pretty much everyone has been reaching out to their respective MPs and letters have been going out to the UKVI team. It probably dilutes the level of concern UKVI would show to these letters.