ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family permit for wife's 5yr old son

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

emiliano
Newly Registered

EEA family permit for wife's 5yr old son

Post by emiliano » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:32 pm

my indian spouse and me (german), both living & working in the uk, are planning to bring her 5yr old son to the UK.
do we need tp apply for a separate family permit for him or can he travel together with his mother (she has a residence card) the next time she visits there?
the uk visa site states only that dependent children over 16 have to fill out a VAF5 form, but says nothing about younger children.
if anybody could clarify this, that'd be great.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:27 am

He may apply for an EEA family permit, as it may be difficult to convince an airline to let him board without one.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:39 am

my indian spouse and me (german), both living & working in the uk, are planning to bring her 5yr old son to the UK.
Does your wife have "sole responsibility" for her son? If so, what form does that take? If there a Court Order? Or is the child's natural father dead?

Who is looking after the child at the moment?
John

emiliano
Newly Registered

Post by emiliano » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:11 pm

thanks a lot for replying.

vinnie: so it's a VAF5 then? i just had a look at the form and it seems to have significantly changed since my wife came here some 18 months ago. i can't remember having to provide details about accomodation etc.
also, when filling out section 6.8 of the form, would the relationship to the EEA citizen (me) be 'mother's husband' when defining the relationship? the whole thing seems rather complicated to me.

john: currently he is living with the grandparents, his father took off several years ago and has no contact with him or my wife. there's no court order or anything. would that be of any relevance?

senin
Newly Registered

Post by senin » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:45 pm

Hi
I personally think you should right step father rather than mother's husband. It is just that when you write mother's husband it sounds a bit cold. But hey I am new to all this so wait for a reply from someone more experienced.