ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying ILR together with my over 18 pbs dependant

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

janiz
Newly Registered
Philippines

Is OET accepted as proof of English proficiency

Post by janiz » Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:33 pm

Hi! My family is due to apply for ILR. My husband came here as a tier 2 dependant visa so he did not took
any English test. While in the UK, He later applied for the NMC and took an OET/ occupational test for nurses last feb 2020 which he passed, in order to be a UKRN. I am just wondering for applying ILR can he use his OET test? And it’s going to be more than 2 years by the time we are going to apply for the ILR.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Is OET accepted as proof of English proficiency

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:34 pm

He is required to do the B1 approved test from an approved test provider.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

janiz
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by janiz » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:22 pm

Thank you for your reply

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:42 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Absywabs
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Absywabs » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:35 pm

janiz wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:33 pm
Hi! My family is due to apply for ILR. My husband came here as a tier 2 dependant visa so he did not took
any English test. While in the UK, He later applied for the NMC and took an OET/ occupational test for nurses last feb 2020 which he passed, in order to be a UKRN. I am just wondering for applying ILR can he use his OET test? And it’s going to be more than 2 years by the time we are going to apply for the ILR.
It maybe acceptable: Check this link. https://www.occupationalenglishtest.org ... -purposes/

janiz
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by janiz » Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:30 pm

Yes I have read that already but I am not sure though if they will accept it for ILR visa application as it only stated there if you’re applying for tier 2.

janiz
Newly Registered
Philippines

Tier 2 dependant child over 18

Post by janiz » Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:51 pm

Hello Everyone,
Just to check if my understanding is correct,
My family is applying for ILR this year, I have a tier 2 visa and my husband along with our 3 Children has tier 2 dependant visa. My husband is going to complete his 5 year residency here in UK by the time we apply, however my son who was granted tier 2 dependant when he was 15 is already 19 now. My son still lives with us, not currently working and is financially dependant on us. He is not currently in school as he will not qualify as home student.
From gov. UK
Children 18 and over
You can only include older children in your application if they both:

were under 18 when they first got permission to be in the UK as your dependant
still do not live an independent life - for example, they have not got married or had children
They also need to:
pass the Life in the UK Test
meet the English language requirements
If your child is over 18 by the time you apply and does not meet these requirements, they must apply separately.

From my understanding I can include him in my application even when he is 19 and he does not need to complete the 5 year residency? As it is not stated there about the stay, it’s only for partners that need to complete it right?
And he does not need to apply separately from us? As I have read some threads saying that they newd to apply separately if their over 18.

Thank you for your reply in advance as I am very anxious about this as the fees are very expensive especially for 5 people.

nightcrawler2u
India

Re: Tier 2 dependant child over 18

Post by nightcrawler2u » Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:15 pm

Yes, you are right. As you have quoted from the guidance and what's given in the guidance - https://www.gov.uk/indefinite-leave-to- ... ly-members - you can apply for ILR for your son. The 5 year residence requirement won't apply to him. As he got his dependent visa when he was 15 there is no problem with him being over 18 now. Just the English language and Life in the UK test as stated.
My sister who entered the UK as my mother's dependent did the same.

janiz
Newly Registered
Philippines

Re: Tier 2 dependant child over 18

Post by janiz » Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:18 pm

Thank you so much for your reply!

janiz
Newly Registered
Philippines

Applying ILR together with my over 18 pbs dependant

Post by janiz » Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:33 pm

Hi I am currently applying for my ILR together with my pbs dependant husband and children, one is over 18, he’s now 19. According to the guidelines if my son was granted permission to be my dependant when he was under 18 and does not live independently I can include him in my application but he needs to pass life in the UK test and the english test which he passed, but while filling up the application in SET O, it prompts me to add another applicant and the choice is only dependant child no over 18, when I filled it up,did not ask for his reference number for life in the UK or any English test, I am confused as it did not warn as well that he is over 18. Am I filling the right application for him? Can I just continue the application and provide the English and life in the UK documents and bank statements for him? Or does he need to apply separately?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Applying ILR together with my over 18 pbs dependant

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:10 am

janiz wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:33 pm
Hi I am currently applying for my ILR together with my pbs dependant husband and children, one is over 18, he’s now 19. According to the guidelines if my son was granted permission to be my dependant when he was under 18 and does not live independently I can include him in my application but he needs to pass life in the UK test and the english test which he passed, but while filling up the application in SET O, it prompts me to add another applicant and the choice is only dependant child no over 18, when I filled it up,did not ask for his reference number for life in the UK or any English test, I am confused as it did not warn as well that he is over 18. Am I filling the right application for him? Can I just continue the application and provide the English and life in the UK documents and bank statements for him? Or does he need to apply separately?
You need a separate SET(O) application for a child above 18 :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

janiz
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by janiz » Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:36 pm

Thank you for your reply, just want to clarify the answers for this is right? This is my son’s application
Consent
1)I will provide a declaration signed by me to
confirm my consent for the Home Office to
request verification checks——yes

2)Is the account with a bank or utility company
for which you have supplied information and
supporting documentation held jointly by you
and other people?—-No

3) Does the account with the bank or utility
company for which you have supplied
information and supporting documentation
relate to another person who is to provide
you financial support?——YES as I am going to provide me and my husband’s joint account as proof that we support our son.
I understand that by ticking this check box I
am giving consent to verification checks. I
will provide a declaration signed by each of
the customers on an account with a bank or
utility company relating to another person
who is to provide me with financial support

Thank you greatly appreciate your help

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:01 pm

Looks good
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice