ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Seven days rule for funds Maintanence

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sssabc

Seven days rule for funds Maintanence

Post by sssabc » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:46 pm

Hello Experts,

Up on lot of stress I am able to get my bank statements from UK and these original statements are dated till 1st December 2008.

I am planning to apply on 8th December 2008, so I am wondering do these original bank statements are acceptable?

Please suggest
thanks in advace.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:52 pm

Should not be a problem as the statements are not more than 7 days old as on the date of application. You might want to make a note of the same in your cover letter.

regards,

push_hsmp

Jos1984
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by Jos1984 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:52 am

Hi sssabc,

Kindly let me know - as to how did u manage to get the UK A/c Bank statement from there to India.

Also, Please let me know weather you have got a letter from them as well.

Thanks.

sssabc

Post by sssabc » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:25 am

Hello Jos1984,

Up on my phone request to UK Bank, they issued a copy bank statements along with a authentication letter and forwarded to UK address through First class royal mail. From UK my Frd forwarded these documents throguh DHL.

2 days for getting documents from bank to UK address and 2 days from UK to India.

Please do let me know if you need any further information.I know its really hard to get these documents from UK when we are in India.

Regards,

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:12 am

hi all,

do we need to have all 12 month payslips within 7 days prior applying or is it jus the last month statement and the letter from bank that needs to be 7 days before applying

Thanks.

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:14 am

sorry do we need 3 months bank statements for fund maintaience 7 days prior to applying or is it jsut the last bank statement and letter from bank that needs to be 7 days before applying

sssabc

Post by sssabc » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:33 am

Hello,

For funds you should submit last three months bank statements/ Letter (Confirming the balance in your account is not less than £2800 from past three months at any time) dated no more than seven days prior to the date of submitting application.

intalex
Kenya

Post by intalex » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:37 am

sssabc wrote:Hello,

For funds you should submit last three months bank statements/ Letter (Confirming the balance in your account is not less than £2800 from past three months at any time) dated no more than seven days prior to the date of submitting application.
Can someone please confirm whether this is the date on which the visa application was made online (via the visas4UK website) or whether it is the date of the visa appointment.

Markie

Post by Markie » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:47 pm

the 7day cut off rule has been amended. check UK visas website.
push_hsmp wrote:Should not be a problem as the statements are not more than 7 days old as on the date of application. You might want to make a note of the same in your cover letter.

regards,

push_hsmp

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:39 pm

Sorry could someone pls confirm is it the last bank statement and letter from bank that needs to be dated a month before applying or all the 3 bank statements need to be dated a month before applying

intalex
Kenya

Post by intalex » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:38 pm

krssubbu wrote:Sorry could someone pls confirm is it the last bank statement and letter from bank that needs to be dated a month before applying or all the 3 bank statements need to be dated a month before applying
Common sense tells me that if you are providing evidence of having maintained your funds for a 3-month period from Date 1 to Date 2, then Date 2 has to be less than 1 calendar month older than the date of application (the date on the bank statement is less important compared to the period being covered by the bank statement), whereas I presume that the letter from the bank has to be dated anywhere between a day after Date 2 and the date of application.

Experts, please correct me if I'm wrong!!!

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:33 pm

Markie wrote:the 7day cut off rule has been amended. check UK visas website.
push_hsmp wrote:Should not be a problem as the statements are not more than 7 days old as on the date of application. You might want to make a note of the same in your cover letter.

regards,

push_hsmp
Thats a wonderful news. In fact the notice says, they are willing to review all the applications which were rejected on these grounds ( 7 days period).

This should be made a sticky for the time being as it will help a number of applicants to file for a review.
With immediate effect PBS Tier 1 applicants may submit evidence of personal savings to meet the maintenance requirement that is dated no more than one calendar month prior to the date application. Applications that have in the past been refused solely on the grounds that the accompanying evidence of maintenance funds was more than seven days old on the date of application will be reviewed. Results of reviews will be notified to relevant applicants in due course