ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Submitting a new application with one pending

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

huangyunl
Newly Registered
Malaysia

ILR - Submitting a new application with one pending

Post by huangyunl » Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:16 pm

Hi,

I have submitted my Set(O) ILR biometrics on the 29/7/2022 under the priority service and it has been 5 weeks without any response/additional document requests/notifications of delay. Complete radio silence from UKVI since submission. I understand from various posts that escalating is not helpful and I should just wait.

Is it possible for me to resubmit a new Set(O) application under the super priority service to override my previous application? And would the application fee for my old application be refunded.

I would like to know if this is technically a feasible option.

Thanks,

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR - Submitting a new application with one pending

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:21 pm

You cannot have two applications. Also, what would that achieve ? Do you think UKVI just randomly has kept your application and making a new one will magically produce a faster response ? The immigration system is NOT a lottery game. Sometimes checks and verifications could take several weeks to complete. Wait to hear back :!:

See: I applied for a priority visa service and I am still waiting for a response. What is happening  ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

huangyunl
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by huangyunl » Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:29 pm

There is the following section in the beginning of the application form which suggests that this is possible, unless I've misunderstood?

Do you currently have an application with the Home Office for leave to remain for which you have not yet received a decision?
(Required)
If you have submitted any other applications to the Home Office which have not yet been decided then submitting this application varies those previous applications. This means that only this application, which you are now completing, will now be considered.

Because of the complete silence from UKVI, I'm starting to be worried if they have even received my application as plenty of people who have applied after me are receiving decisions.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:33 pm

You need to withdraw the current one and apply for a new one which can render you an overstayer (if you do not have valid leave) Applying for the same ILR application is not a variation of leave. You also will not get a faster response. The same process applies :!:

Your application is submitted to UKVI when you attend your biometrics. Each application is unique. Because others have got a response does not tell you anything about your application. You must wait to hear back
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Myilrisdue
Newly Registered
India

Post by Myilrisdue » Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:10 pm

Hi,

I am in the same boat, I have applied on priority in August and a complete silence from home office. I have escalated and contacted MP but no results. Is there anyone who can help ?

Thanks