ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship refusal

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Stewart88
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Citizenship refusal

Post by Stewart88 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:32 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a quick question -

I have lived in Ireland since 2009 (I am from the UK(
) I was convicted of drink driving 2016. Married an citizen in 2016. Looking to apply for citizenship, but unsure if it’s a complete waste of time?

Cheers,
S

G Dog
Ireland

Re: Citizenship refusal

Post by G Dog » Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:18 am

It's not a waste of time. You have lived in Ireland since 2009 and are married to a citizen, so you should apply. Although you have a conviction (which should be spent by now), it will be at the discretion of the DFA to ascertain if you meet their citizenship requirements. If you don't go for it you'll never know. Best of luck.

jojoko
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jojoko » Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:17 am

G Dog wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:18 am
It's not a waste of time. You have lived in Ireland since 2009 and are married to a citizen, so you should apply. Although you have a conviction (which should be spent by now), it will be at the discretion of the DFA to ascertain if you meet their citizenship requirements. If you don't go for it you'll never know. Best of luck.
I agree. You shold try if you want to have an Irish Citizenship.

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:51 am

Just write a remorse letter and list your convictions in your application. If you want piece of mind just ask solictor’s help to fill the form and he/she can give you better idea and guide you about your situation.

ailA2019
Ireland

Post by ailA2019 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:52 pm

I stopped by Garda and received an automatic disqualification from driving of three months and a €200 fine.

I wrote a short remorse letter and listed convictions in my application. I also got approval Since we are human beings, we make mistakes. Best of luck.