ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and govt fund

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

katrina

ILR and govt fund

Post by katrina » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:34 pm

HI

I want to ask my cousin is on workpermit as a primary teacher , and the government has started a scheme (Govt Fund) where primary teachers are encouraged to study and gain the qualification all the charges are paid by govt (bus fares , and they are entitle to get some money as well(bursary)the course is free ,but the employer has to sign . Is she depending on public funds are claiming social benefits . and does it effect her future application for ILR , And will the HO knows about it .

Many Thanks .

Markie

Re: ILR and govt fund

Post by Markie » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:34 pm

BIA definition of public funds.
katrina wrote:HI

I want to ask my cousin is on workpermit as a primary teacher , and the government has started a scheme (Govt Fund) where primary teachers are encouraged to study and gain the qualification all the charges are paid by govt (bus fares , and they are entitle to get some money as well(bursary)the course is free ,but the employer has to sign . Is she depending on public funds are claiming social benefits . and does it effect her future application for ILR , And will the HO knows about it .

Many Thanks .