ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do referees for naturalization need to be residing in Ireland?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

truevelvet
Newly Registered
Argentina

Do referees for naturalization need to be residing in Ireland?

Post by truevelvet » Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:35 am

Unfortunately I don't have that many close acquaintances that are residing in Ireland (I work for a multinational where most of the staff in Ireland is immigrants) but I do have some pretty strong work connections with Irish citizens that are living in the US.

Would their references count differently for naturalization or not at all?

Whitebeam
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Do referees for naturalization need to be residing in Ireland?

Post by Whitebeam » Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:39 pm

truevelvet wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:35 am
Unfortunately I don't have that many close acquaintances that are residing in Ireland (I work for a multinational where most of the staff in Ireland is immigrants) but I do have some pretty strong work connections with Irish citizens that are living in the US.

Would their references count differently for naturalization or not at all?
It didn’t say clearly in the form. So I assume as long as the referees are Irish that’s fine. However, it would be hard to convince the reviewer of your application that you have strong connection with the country because even multinational company in this country should employ at least 50% of Irish and EEA citizens. Moreover, if the referee is not a resident in Ireland, it is hard for the reviewer to contact the referee in case they want to call. So it is advisable to have the Irish referee who is the residence of this country.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:48 pm

That's an interesting one, doubt this was raised here before.

From similar posts on thsi board, but! in relation to UK refereees I've seen people saying that "if you cannot find a referee, that might mean you're not integrated enough into society" and I'm afraid Irish citizenship department may reach similar conclusions.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

truevelvet
Newly Registered
Argentina

Post by truevelvet » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:53 pm

Thanks folks, this is good insight.

You're right on 50% of the staff being Irish but I should've mentioned I'm on engineering and they're on sales, so there's not a huge opportunity to connect. I'll figure it out somehow