ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

correcting details on certificate of registration as British citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alishinto
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

correcting details on certificate of registration as British citizen

Post by alishinto » Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:15 pm

Hi,

I applied for British citizenship for my daughter in September 2021 through MN1. We received the certificate of registration in February this year, but I noticed the place of birth was incorrect (my stupid fault, it was my misreading of the instruction on the application form). I immediately sent back the certificate to the address shown in the accompanying letter along with a copy of her birth certificate as proof of place of birth and a letter of my own explaining the mistake and requesting a new certificate.

This letter reached UKVI on March 6th. I have had absolutely no reply from them since. In June, I wrote to the email address they provided on the accompanying letter, but got back a generic email saying not to worry, it was being processed. I know there is a backlog because of COVID and Ukraine, but it has been over 6 months now, and I am getting a little desperate. Does anybody know of any channels through which I can pursue this and get a meaningful reply?

Thanks in advance

Alistair

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: correcting details on certificate of registration as British citizen

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:26 pm

I appreciate it's frustrating not to have this sorted yet, but the reply you got in June was meaningful, they told you it was being processed and not to worry. You can try that channel again, or attempt the following email addresses: furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk, NationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk, citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gov.uk, NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk.

The Home Office is late and backlogged, so you may have to wait some more. Do you need the certificate urgently? You might consider asking your MP to chase up.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

alishinto
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by alishinto » Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:24 pm

Hi, thanks for the reply. I've tried sending emails to the addresses you posted, hopefully will get a positive response. The issue is not so much that UKVI is backlogged, it's that I haven't had any notification about the amendment to the certificate. I'm concerned that if it's been over 6 months then something is wrong, and it has been lost somewhere in the process. Really don't know what to do at this point...

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:54 am

Beyond chasing, once it's more than 6 months, you can ask your MP to follow up. The reply you received wasn't an answer, but they told you your application is being processed. If there was a problem they would get in touch with you. At this stage (though I appreciate it's frustrating) you can only wait.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.