ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Impact on ILR because of pending HMRC request to merge multiple account

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

YuvaanG
Newly Registered
India

Impact on ILR because of pending HMRC request to merge multiple account

Post by YuvaanG » Fri May 27, 2022 6:27 pm

Hi,

I came to UK on Jan 2018 on Tier 2 visa, XXX was helping with my transfer and they suggested me to file self assessment tax due to in-year move (I didn't have any other income other than my company). I made one HMRC account to file self assessment tax and xxxx filed it. After that, since my company was deducting tax I didn't file any tax during 2019, 2020, 2021. I have P60 for all the years (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021) and all salary slips.

Lately when I called HMRC, they say I don't have any tax history to my surprise. After few calls, one HMRC advisor was able to find out issue, that there are two HMRC account with same NI, one having all PAYE record and one having first year self assessment. He raised the request to merge the two account, so that I will have consolidated tax history on my NI.

But that is taking long, its been pending from last 4 months and my HMRC account is locked with MCI error.

In coming November, I would need to apply for ILR, so I am worried that if this issue will create a negative impact for my ILR application?

Please suggest.

regards
Yuvaan

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Impact on ILR because of pending HMRC request to merge multiple account

Post by zimba » Fri May 27, 2022 8:23 pm

It has no effect
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

YuvaanG
Newly Registered
India

Re: Impact on ILR because of pending HMRC request to merge multiple account

Post by YuvaanG » Mon May 30, 2022 12:36 pm

Thanks for your reply. Regards.