ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Teenage Kid -Life in the UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ram14esh

Teenage Kid -Life in the UK

Post by ram14esh » Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:45 am

I hold a British Passport and My wife has ILR and now I wanted to apply for citizenship for my kids. Can I apply just for my Kids or it is a requirement that kids' applications can be submitted only with an Adult (Parent) Application? One of my kids is 15yrs old so should they take -' the Life in the UK test before applying for Citizenship? Note that my kids are born outside the UK. Moderators/Senior Members and all others pls provide me advice so that I can start the application ASAP.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Teenage Kid -Life in the UK

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:05 pm

You can register them provided they hold ilr and your spouse holds ilr and you are British.

Liuk is only for adults, 18 years and older. This is very clearly stated on the ukvi website
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ram14esh

Post by ram14esh » Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:54 pm

Thanks, CR001 that's a big relief. Yes, both of my kids hold ILR and they got it after 5yrs of continuous stay as they are born outside the UK, so I can register them as British citizens as I already hold a British Passport and my wife has ILR already. She wanted to continue in ILR status so I am wondering if I can register only kids as British Citizens. If so do they need to undergo Naturalization first?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:15 pm

Only Adults 18 years and older are NATURALISED.

Children under 18 are REGISTERED.

I have already stated you can register them!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.