ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set (Dv) evidence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Fk27
Newly Registered
Russia

Set (Dv) evidence

Post by Fk27 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:15 pm

Hello everyone,
I am posting on behalf of a friend re SET (Dv) .
She is currently on FLR(M) visa, been in UK for 4 years and 8 months and due to apply to Ilr in February. She has 1 yo child who is British citizen. He husband is naturalised British citizen. She is Sahm, he is a very high earner.
He got increasingly abusive starting from foul language to financial control (cancelled all her credit cards), she has no money on her account at all,threats of physical violence and sexual violence in the last week.
She hasn't reported anything yet, I worry about her as he is getting more aggressive.
She doesn't think she can handle it much longer. I know there is domestic violence settlement route - SET (Dv). Does anyone have any experience with this application? If he doesn't physically beat her up and leave bruises how can she prove she is being abused?
She would appreciate any help!

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Set (Dv) evidence

Post by manci » Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:54 pm

Can the relationship not be restored to a normal level and if it can would her husband support her settlement application in 5 months time? This would clearly be the first choice.

In order to be eligible for ILR on the DV route she would need to provide evidence to show that the relationship with her partner broke down permanently as a result of domestic abuse.

This would probably mean contacting the police or an organisation that provides support to women subjected to DV - they would advise on compiling evidence.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:19 am

There is a guide on this: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... olence.pdf

She needs to provide strong evidence to qualify
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Fk27
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Fk27 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:44 pm

Thank you!