ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help with Next steps

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

grreg

help with Next steps

Post by grreg » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:19 pm

I have paid the citizenship application fee today for our family of 4 - myself, wife and 2 children (9 & 5yo).

I have uploaded all the docs on the UKVCAS site but I am confused what I should do next.

Here are my questions

1. Should I go ahead and book an appointment or am I better to wait to see if I receive an invitation to use the IDV app? (Can this be used when children are applicants?)

2. I am worried that if I book an appointment I may not be invited to use the IDV app. Is this a valid concern?

3. Also do I need to upload all of our previous passports or only a current passport for each person?

4. Is there a link showing the current fees charged for appointments

alterhase58
Germany

Re: help with Next steps

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:37 pm

grreg wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:19 pm
I have paid the citizenship application fee today for our family of 4 - myself, wife and 2 children (9 & 5yo).

I have uploaded all the docs on the UKVCAS site but I am confused what I should do next.

Here are my questions

1. Should I go ahead and book an appointment or am I better to wait to see if I receive an invitation to use the IDV app? (Can this be used when children are applicants?) I think you will not be able to book an appointment until they decide you can't do IDV.

2. I am worried that if I book an appointment I may not be invited to use the IDV app. Is this a valid concern? per 1.

3. Also do I need to upload all of our previous passports or only a current passport for each person? Only the passport(s) covering the residency period.

4. Is there a link showing the current fees charged for appointments Fees I believe are between £60 and £200. You will be told which appointments are available at which fee, however wait for IDV invite first if applicable.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

quasar
Newly Registered
Romania

Re: help with Next steps

Post by quasar » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:08 am

I am in the same situation as you, as I just submitted the application a couple days ago. I tried to book an appointment (as I am sure I will need one!) but I wasn't able to find any available ones anywhere. So I think (and hope) that this is due to the fact we are not allowed to book an appointment before their email.

Did you submit the documents after uploading them? I am wondering if they can be submitted before the IDV/appointment decision. Does anyone know?